I've been a Kesha (formerly known as Ke$ha) fan girl forever. (She affectionately refers to her fans as animals, because she's an animal lover. And because she's perfect.)
I had a crappy morning full of everyday first world problems (which suck, because at least if I had third world problems I'd have a thigh gap) as well as an attempted mugging, so I wasn't in the best mood. Lo and behold, however, when I got to the office, a coworker who's pals with Kesha (he worked on her documentary series, Crazy Beautiful Life) had seen her the night before and told her I was a fan and venturing into standup comedy. And she did something unnecessary but awesome and wrote me a note:
Basically, she made my month. And it isn't the first time, because my life is basically a "Six (But Really Just One) Degrees Of Separation From Kesha Sebert" game. In November, a good friend interviewed her for Extra, and I got this out of it:
I got notification of this video while I was in IHOP. I started shrieking and crying, and people at nearby tables either thought my boyfriend proposed or that there was PCP in my pumpkin pancakes.
I already adored her, but obviously I love her a little more than the average animal. She's been through a lot, between the bottom-feeding scumbag blogger (I won't name him because he loves Google Alerts, but you know who he is) who leaked her nude photos, a few bad breakups from dudes who didn't deserve her and battling an eating disorder and Dr. Luke at the same time. She really is a warrior, and she's someone we should all learn a few things from: Things like kindness, warmth, love, safe sex (she once put her face on condoms — girl is dedicated), a strong sense of self and how to embrace life and live in the moment.
And also how to appreciate glitter and whiskey, which are also two of my favorite things.
1. She is far from shallow, but she still has a fierce appreciation for aesthetics.
2. She's sensitive and has a huge heart.
3. She's enthusiastic and supportive.
4. She cleans up beautifully.
5. She doesn't put up with anyone's crap.
6. She can rock a red lip like no one else, so she'd be great with makeup pointers.
7. She advocates living in the moment.
8. She's silly and doesn't take herself too seriously, which means she's a blast to be around.
9. She's sassy as needed.
10. She won't beat around the bush when it comes to men not being up to snuff.
11. She has wonderful dental hygiene — she keeps that gold tooth clean!
12. She's up front about her needs.
13. She doesn't believe in slut shaming and goes after what she wants.
14. She loves who she is, and she should. Because, well, obviously
More juicy content from YourTango: