Their social media relationship is better than yours.
GIRLS star Lena Dunham and lead guitarist of fun., Jack Antonoff, were set up on a blind date two years ago and the rest, as they say, is history. The couple now live together in Brooklyn and are constantly talking to each other via social media or about each other in interviews. Basically, their relationship is an open book, so we have consistent updates flaunting their all of their hipster adorableness at us (or at least what they want us to see).
We are branding them the hipster couple of our generation and here are 18 reasons they deserve the honorable title. Sorry, John Mayer, you lose.
1. First of all, they live in Brooklyn together with their dog Lamby, and take lots of selfies with him.
2. Seriously though, this dog is the best, and should probably have his own Instagram.
4. They go on double dates with the Obamas. #winning.
5. Because even though she drew this picture when she was 16, Jack Antonoff would be super down for that wedding dress.
6. They are constantly supporting each other via social media. After one of his shows she Instagramed this pic and caption: "Proud as heck of this guy, who brought down the house at The Troubadour tonight #bleachers."
7. And talking about how supportive the other one is, "I'm really lucky. It would be hard to be with someone who wasn't supportive of what I did," Lena told The Guardian about Jack.
8. While some people have a problem with Lena Dunham's penchant for nearly-constant nudity, Jack is not one of those people. Dunham told Glamour, "I remember talking with him on our first date and him being like, 'God, all the articles about your nudity on the show are such bullshit.'"
9. Jack considers them both to be awkward/clunky people, which is why they fit so perfectly together. "I think what probably happens when you put two awkward/clunky people together is that their awkward/clunky world seems like a normal world. And I think that's something that's nice about our relationship."
10. Side note: Jack's glasses contribute to 45 percent of their hipsterness.
11. They are in love and don’t care who knows it. She told Interview magazine, "If you're in love with someone great, then I don't understand why you wouldn't tell everybody."
12. They are artists and take really artsy Instagram pictures … like this:
13. If they had kids, they would name them something ironic, because that’s what hipsters do.
14. And Jack's even admitted that he’s desperate for a baby. "It just seems like the most fun thing in the world."
15. She wrote him a love letter and referenced Doc Martens in it.
16. They know how to brush off tabloid rumors. "Despite everything I've seen and done, I still believe most of what I read ... so when an article claimed Jack and I had broken up after a display of street rage, I was all 'What? Can't we try and work it out?'"
17. Why hire a crew when your girlfriend can produce, shoot and direct your entire music video? Clearly they are a cost efficient couple.
18. And finally, this is the hipsteriest hipster picture of all time.