The time has come for the Mother of all reveals. After nine long and unforgettable seasons (and countless Mother theories!), How I Met Your Mother will air its series finale tonight.
As we say goodbye to the MacClaren's gang, we also celebrate the many laughs, long-running jokes and tear-inducing moments we've shared with this group. Since 2005, we've seen Barney seduce numerous women and finally reveal what his job is/was. We've watched Robin fall in and out of love, as well as hide her desire to go to the mall.
Our hearts broke for Teddy Westside as he got stood up at the altar, dated women we hated (Karen and Zoey — ugh!), and longed to find his one true love.
And lastly, we've believed no relationship can ever be better than that of Marshall and Lily — who have been together since freshman year of college (with one small breakup when Lily tried her luck in San Francisco) and since then got hitched, had a baby (with another on the way!), and pursued their dream careers.
If you watched this show, then you already know how special it is/was. And you probably also believe that Marshall and Lily are one of the best TV couples to ever exist. Here's proof that they were one of a kind.
1. No couple nicknames could ever be cuter than theirs.
2. They have the best response when discussing their awesome sex life.
3. Even after 15+ years together, they still have an awesome sex life.
4. Their breakup — which sucked a big one — actually brought them closer together.
5. They may be slightly annoying with their love of doing "couple things," but don't act like you're not jealous.
6. Like any couple, they fight. But they do it their own way.
7. They're cheerleaders for each other and push each other to follow their dreams.
8. Marshall and Lily go the distance with romantic gestures for each other. #airportmarchingbandanyone
9. They can do this — and look cool doing it.
10. They make sacrifices for each other — including Marshall giving up olives for all those years just because he knew how much Lily loved 'em.
12. You even questioned whether love exists when Marshall and Lily split up.
13. But alas, they found their way back to each other. Belief in love restored.
14. They know just how to turn each other on.
15. One word: Marshpillow.
16. They have no fears when talking about the future.
17. They don't just love each other — they actually like each other.
18. From college sweethearts to married with kids, Marshall and Lily have grown together instead of growing apart. And that's why they go down in TV history as the best couple evah!