Five seriously sexy hair and makeup styles.
Think you need to have model status to make a man melt? Think again. We enlisted experts straight from Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week 2014 to give us the inside scoop on some seriously sexy hair and makeup styles.
1. Oh So Slick
Inspired by the sophistication of Rebecca Taylor's Fall collection, follow hairstylist Rolando Beauchamp's lead for a chic look with texture for a cool, downtown vibe.
2. Blow dry hair using Mason Pearson brush
2. Jaded Beauty
Looking for a seductive alternative to the smoky eye? Take a cue from makeup artist Romy Soleimani, who opted for a shimmery, velvety eye to bring out the texture and graphic prints presented in Richard Chai's collection.
Get the Look:
1. Prime and set face using The Primed Skin Developer, The Sensual Skin Enhancer, The Liquid Airbrush Foundation and The Sculpting Powder
2. Apply The Loose Shimmer Shadow in Jade and The Precision Liquid Liner in Black to eyes, coating the lashes with The Essential Mascara and accentuating brows with The Precision Brow Pencil in Brunette
3. Create a natural lip with The Sensual Skin Enhancer and The Sensual Lip Balm
3. On a Whim
To compliment Tadashi Shoji's Moroccan-inspired collection, stylist Rodney Cutler opted for a whimsical beauty look with a touch of structure. Test drive the playful-meets-polished style for a day date or party.
Get the Look:
1. Blow dry hair using Redken Spray Starch 15 Heat Styling Spray for dryness and texture, setting with 1.5 barrel curling iron along with Redken Powder Grip 03 Texturizing Hair Powder to create volume and grittiness (use french lacing for fullness; do not backcomb)
2. Create side part and separate hair into three sections, braiding the right side of the part to act as a cushion
3. Roll the opposite side of part over the braid and set with Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Spray
4. Punk Rock Pony
Can we say sassy schoolgirl? For the Rachel Comey show, hairstylist James Pecis aimed for “slightly punk rock look, reminiscent of an employee at Dover Street Market with a hair allowance.”
2. Separate hair into sections and back comb from root to tip to create texture, rough-drying the PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray into hair for volume
3. Create a deep side part and back comb pieces working from tip to root. Mist with PHYTO Professional Workable Holding Spray to help keep hair in place and tucked behind ears
4. Clip hair back and away from the face. Using an elastic thread, sew hair in place with two stitches from the nape of the neck to the back of the hair. This will secure hair into place while also giving it room to move
5. Finish the look by pulling out a couple pieces of hair from one side of head for an asymmetrical, textured look. Finish with PHYTO Phytolaque Soie (coming soon to Beauty.com), then spray hands with PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray and gently pat down deep side part to keep hair in place
5. Tousled Temptress
Take him on a mental vacation with this breezy, beach-worthy style created by James Pecis for Jill Stuart's collection: "The spirit of the clothing is translated into the hair with a side part on the left, held in place behind the ear. Hair has natural-looking texture throughout."
Get The Look:
1. Prep dry hair from root to end with PHYTO Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray, saturating at roots
3. Part hair in the middle, brushing it away from the face during the blow dry to 'set' the direction of hair
4. On the right side, brush hair down over the face (swooped to the side, but not tucked behind the ear)
5. Once hair is parted, go through section by section using the T3 BodyWaver Large Barrel Styling Iron, bending hair on each section in different directions so it looks natural and not too ‘done’. The goal is for the hair to look like it’s never been curled at all
6. Work PHYTO Matte Texturizing Paste into the roots of hair and throughout braid with fingers to keep it in place
More juicy stories from YourTango:
- 25 Romantic Ways To Say 'I Love You'
- 5 Ways To Be Happy About Your Love Life Right Now!
- 50 Love Quotes We Adore