Ian Somerhalder crash landed into our hearts when we first laid eyes on him as Boone in Lost. Now, as Damon Salvatore on The Vampire Diaries, we can't even handle ourselves every time we see him on the screen. So, in honor of our boyfriend, Ian Somerhalder's 35th year on Earth, here are 35 reasons we absolutely love him.
1. His eyeballs were basically hand painted by angels.
2. His jawbone is perfectly chiseled to male perfection.
3. Facial scruff has actually never looked better on any human being.
4. And then, he goes and holds puppies, causing every woman on the planet to orgasm.
5. By the way, did you know he has his own foundation built around saving animals and the environment?
6. He plays our all-time favorite vampire. Team Damon!
7. While Robert Pattinson makes vampires look creepy, Ian makes fangs look completely appealing.
8. We can only assume that the way Damon feels about Elena is how Ian feels about Nina. Yes, we firmly believe Ian and Nina belong together.
9. Have you seen Ian's eyebrows? They are perfectly fitted to his face ...
10. ... making him look kind of evil, but the best kind of evil.
11. We love Damon, but our love for Ian started when he played Boone on Lost.
12. You're still kind of upset that Ian wasn't cast as Christian Grey.
13. Ian does yoga … betches love yoga.
14. Even after Ian and Nina split, he publicly supported her whenever he could.
15. Ian twerks! Kind of …
16. He says his biggest weakness is that "he thinks too much."
17. Did we mention his eyes yet?
18. And how his stomach is perfectly sculpted?
19. He's really got that whole sexy smirk thing down.
20. We especially love that he knows how to work it in front of a mirror.
21. He knows the way to a girl's heart and it's not diamonds -- it's with food. Amen.
22. Ian Somerhalder? More like Ian Smolderhalder.
23. He appreciates his fans and shows them love all the time.
24. He told Women's Health that he sleeps naked.
25. Ian loves to cook a good meal. His favorite is wild-quail white truffle cornmeal.
26. And he's from Louisiana, maybe he can make us crawfish and beignets!
27. He not only loves puppies, but he is huge on recycling.
28. His looks were discovered when he was a model by 10 years old. Like a fine wine, he has only gotten better with age.
29. This guy has never finished high school and yet he is more intelligent than most of the people on our Facebook newsfeed.
30. He is literally the definition of tall, dark and handsome.
31. Oh, and of course he owns a pizza place with his family in Idaho.
32. His laugh is super contagious. It's hard to not crack a smile when he laughs!
33. He could totally pull off being Rob Lowe's son, except for the fact that they're only 14 years apart.
34. For his birthday this year he doesn't want presents. He has asked everyone to donate money toward saving the world. He's basically a real life superhero.
35. And finally, we love Ian because on Thursday nights we rely on him to get us through one more day until the weekend!