Listen up guys!
Hey fellas! Want some insights into the female mind when it comes to love? Well, get on Netflix, go to the library, find one of the few remaining Blockbusters, whatever you have to do to get your hands on these movies. Each one has been carefully selected because it has some special message or moral about love that everyone should know (and that girls think about a lot). So sit back, watch a few flicks, and learn a thing or two about love.
1. Casablanca: This 1940s classic teaches that sometimes you have to let go of the one you love for the greater good. Plus it'll teach you how to make one hell of an exit.
2. Pretty Woman: This is a must-see, for many reasons. It shows us to look beyond first impressions, and that you can make a love connection in the strangest of ways.
3. Gone With The Wind: Watch out! Don't take advantage of the love you have, or the one who loves you, because you just might lose them for good.
4. Brokeback Mountain: This film carries a dual message; we don't always get to choose who we love, and love is a powerful force that can tear people apart (so be careful!).
5. Before Sunrise: This is another must-see because it's important to remember that you never know where love will strike, so you should be open to it at all times and not let it slip away.
6. Sleepless in Seattle: Sometimes, it's worth taking a risk on love (and blind dates!).
7. When Harry Met Sally: To continue the Meg Ryan-love-fest, try out this 1989 gem, and remember that sometimes love takes a long time to come around (and that women can totally fake it).
8. Dirty Dancing: This instant classic reminds us to live life and search for love with passion and truth.
9. Ghost: If you're still in a Swayze mood, take Ghost out for a spin, to remember that love is eternal. And, it made pottery just about the sexiest thing of 1990.
10. Romeo and Juliet: Specifically, Baz Lurhmann's 1996 masterpiece (though the Franco Zeffirelli version is pretty darn sexy). Yes, it may be the tale of two idiot kids who get themselves and several others killed, but it is also a beautiful, universal love story.
11. It Happened One Night: This adorable screwball love story reminds us to always follow our hearts.
12. The Bridges of Madison County: We learn that, just as you don't always get to choose who you love, you don't always get to be with them either. Heartbreaking, but true.
More juicy content from YourTango:
- 20 Crazy-Romantic, Creative Ways To Say 'I Love You'
- 5 Ways To STOP Complaining And Appreciate The Life You Have
- 50 Love Quotes That Express Exactly What 'I Love You' Really Means