Ladies, step away from the pinks and the plums. And don't even think about going for the nudes. A recent study has shown that, for men, it's all about the red.
Researchers at the University of Manchester discovered that red lipstick works best for capturing male attention.
They monitored the eye movements of 50 men viewing various photos of women and found that participants looked longer at images of women donning a ruby red kisser.
Men spent, on average, 7.3 seconds fixated on red hot lips, 6.7 seconds on pink lips and 2.2 seconds on lips sans lipstick.
We're embracing the official decree that red is indeed the sexiest color for putting on your pout and giving you seven must-have red lipsticks for fall.
Get your flirt on this season with these radiant red lipsticks.
1. Catch his attention with this revamped tribute to Dior's first runway show.
Rouge Dior Classic Lip Color in Ara Red 999, $34
2. Bring him to his knees with this moisturizing rose inspired lipstick.
Giorgio Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick in 400, $34
3. Keep his eyes on you with this seriously saturated, vamped up lipstick.
Tom Ford Beauty Lip Color in Crimson Noir, $49
4. Make sparks fly with this glittery champagne infused pucker plumper.
Marc Jacobs Lust For Lacquer Lip Vinyl in Lust For Life, $28
5. Give him a come hither look with this long lasting lip stain.
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Fashionista, $7.99
6. Make him swoon with this creamy, lip loving color.
Estee Lauder Pure Color Sensuous Rouge in Cheating Heart, $28
7. Be the temptress we know you are with this rich, matte lipstick.
M.A.C. Lipstick in Ruby Woo, $15