Love is in the air! The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Taylor Armstrong has more than good ratings to smile about. The reality star's boyfriend put a ring on it while the two were vacationing in Mexico last week.
The happy news comes two years after sadder times when her estranged husband committed suicide, leaving her a single mother with debt and a mountain of legal issues. While Taylor once called herself a "train wreck" following the harrowing events, she's now "happier than ever" with John Bluher. If that's how she felt before the engagement, we can only imagine how ecstatic she must be now.
More from YourTango: Exclusive! Victoria's Secret Model Nina Agdal: 17 Facts About Me
The couple began dating a year ago, as Taylor told E! News, "I remember one day last summer when were in a business meeting and we both looked up at each other and suddenly realized we were looking at each other in a different light. There's been no turning back since that day."
John proposed during sunset with a gold and diamond engagement ring designed by Ari Soffer. On Saturday, Taylor took to Twitter announcing their engagment to fans. "Engaged! @JohnBluher proposed while kneeling in the sand at the @StRegisPMita - white tent, chandelier, candles, flowers & an amazing sunset." Sounds like a picture-perfect moment.
Aside from great taste in jewelry, what else is there to Taylor's future husband?
1. She was one of his clients. John was Taylor's lawyer, but the two didn't mix business with pleasure as they reportedly ended their professional relationship before the romantic one began.
2. This won't be his first marriage. In fact the two started dating while he was still married, though he insists that his relationship with Taylor did not break up his marriage. In order to deflate the rumors, he issued a statement last December saying, "Taylor Armstrong is not a home wrecker...(We are) in a romantic relationship and we are both very happy."
3. They were friends first. Isn't that always best? Taylor told E! News they met through mutual friends and through their professional relationship "a deeper friendship grew" until one day they realized that Taylor + John = Love.
4. He's a romantic at heart. John didn't get down on one knee just anywhere. Nope. He chose to pop the question while on vacation at the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort in Mexico because that's where the two fell in love.
More from YourTango: Behati Prinsloo: 5 Fun Facts About The Victoria's Secret Angel
5. He's a family man. While Taylor has daughter Kennedy, 6, John has three kids of his own with ex-wife Stephanie. There's no news yet of blending the families, but since rumors of the two talking marriage started earlier this spring we're sure they've figured it out.
More exciting articles from YourTango: