Today would have marked the late Whitney Houston's 50th birthday, and by now, you probably already know all the details about her highbrow relationship with Bobby Brown. But their rocky romance eclipsed other details about Whit's love life. So in honor of Whitney's half-centennial birthday, let's look back at the old flames who got her "so emotional."
- She dated Eddie Murphy: Whitney dated Murphy throughout the 80s, as her career was blossoming. Their relationship was confirmed by Clive Davis in his autobiography.
- She once dated a married man: Another romance confirmed by Clive Davis was Whitney's fling with Jermaine Jackson. Davis reported that these two dated while Jermaine was separated from his wife. Though, seeing as Jackson has been separated three times from three different wives, it's hard to pin down the exact time period of their relationship.
- She maybe dated a lady?: It was rumored the "I Will Always Love You" songstress was involved in a homosexual relationship with her former assistant, Robyn Crawford.
- Before Bobby, she dated a "goody-two shoes" NFL star: In the late 80s, Whitney dated Philadelphia Eagles QB Randall Cunningham. Though, according to a former teammate of Randall's, Gary Cobb, these two never had a chance. "Randall was a goody-goody two-shoes type of guy. She liked the bad boy type. Randall was trying everything he could, but he just wasn't Whitney's type of guy. I wasn't surprised she got with Bobby Brown. She liked a guy with a little street."
- She maybe dated another lady?: Allegedly, Houston regularly visited Kelly McGillis—Tom Cruise's opposite in Top Gun—in Chicago in 1991 while McGillis filmed The Babe. Back then, it was rumored that McGillis might be gay, but it was never confirmed by the actress until 2009 when she publicly came out.
- She allegedly dated a Southern pastor: His name is Alvin Love (really, that's his last name) and he's also a singer/songwriter, who currently lives in Nashville, although very little is known about this supposed spark.
- She made out with Ricky Schroder as a teen: The actor recently spoke of his relationship with a teenage Houston during an episode of Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen on Bravo. Though Schroder was 18 to Houston's 15, they never crossed the line. Just some smooching.
- Whitney's last boyfriend once dated Kim Kardashian: Ray-J, Whitney's boyfriend at the time of her death, dated Kim back in 2003. And in 2007, a homemade sex tape of Kim and Ray-J's that you may have heard about leaked, kick-starting the Kardashian world takeover.
More juicy articles from YourTango: