1. 80% of men and 61% of women say they're happy with their sex lives.
2. Women think their husbands are less happy than they are — and for men, the opposite was true. Only 55% of women thought their husbands were happy with their sex lives, but 79% of men thought their wives were happy.
3. 68% of men say they married the best sex of their lives, compared to 45% of women who said the same.
4. What's turning us on? For women, it's feelings of love, followed by our partner taking initiative and our partner saying nice things.
For men, it's seeing their partner in sexy clothes, followed by feelings of love, and seeing their partner without clothes. Easy enough.
5. Yaaaawwwwn. 54% of women and 68% of men said their sex life was predictable.
6. The most predictable aspect? For men, it was sexual position. For women? Location, location, location.
7. Blame the kids for the lack of spontaneous kitchen sex! 52% of women and 49% of men said they had hotter sex before having kids. Though about a third say there have been no changes post-kids … and 8% of women and 22% of men actually say sex has gotten better since they had kids. Way to go!
8. Ever sexted? You're not alone — about a third of married people have texted or emailed sexy messages. Men are more likely to do both, as well as being more likely to leave a sexy voicemail or Facebook note. Just remember to send a message, not a wall post, guys!
9. What's on your sex wish list? 42% of men surveyed want their partner to initiate more and 41% want oral sex more often.
10. Meanwhile, 35% of women are craving more foreplay, and 32% want their husbands to say more loving things.
11. If you could have a freebie — an extra-marital affair with no chance of getting caught — would you take it? 32% of men and 13% of women said they would.
12. As for who their freebie would be with, an old boyfriend tops the list for men, while men say either a hot celeb (good luck) or a friend's spouse.
13. Looks like the 50 Shades of Grey effect is real! A fifth of men and women surveyed have read the book, and 65% of 'em say their sex life has changed as a result — with more foreplay, more sex, more sexy lingerie, more toys in the bedroom, and more discussion about fantasies and desires. We'll be right back, heading to the library …
Written by Diana Vilibert from Care2.
More from Care2: