As anyone who's anyone knew, last night was Lifetime's premiere of the TV film Liz & Dick, the story of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, where the one and only Lindsay Lohan takes on the iconic role of Taylor. However, if you didn't know, you did the minute you signed on to Twitter. So, how did your favorite celebs react? Well, according to The Huffington Post, LiLo is "devasted" by all the nasty reviews (even though, it reached 3.5 million viewers!).
Well, here are our top 10 celebrity reactions to Lindsay Lohan's attempt at a comeback.
More from YourTango: 'Tis The TV Season: Holiday Specials For Kids
1. You proved the critics wrong @LindsayLohan you are one of the best, so gifted, so amazing! Now apply it ALL! God bless you! And our family! ... All the critics should find new jobs!They know nothing about @lindsaylohan talent! She has more talent in her pinky then all of them together
-Michael Lohan (@MichaelJLohan) ...wait a minute, what family?
2. @lindsaylohan you did a beautiful job on Liz & Dick, Let no one bring u down, Liz didnt, they always try to knock the greats down a few pegs
-Lady Gaga (@LadyGaga)
3. Lindsay Lohan's probation will be revoked because she lied to police. The same goes for her SAG card after playing Elizabeth Taylor.
-Joan Rivers (@Joan_Rivers)
4. If the dead could sue, the producers of "Liz and Dick" would be in court this morning.
-Jason Alexander (@IJasonAlexander)
5. I just realized Liz & Dick was on. No, I'm wasn't watching it, but I could literally smell it.
-Dane Cook (@DaneCook)
6. I'm thoroughly enjoying and consistently amused by Liz & Dick. The haters went overboard on this one.
-Bret Easton Ellis (@BretEastonEllis), the director of Lohan's next film The Canyons.
7. Clearly Dead Liz & Dick are being interviewed by a Dead Interviewer offscreen or maybe it's…GOD!
-Kathy Griffin (@KathyGriffin)
8. Liz and Dick will get a great rating. It's Train Wreck TV. Lifetime is brilliant. They should have Lindsay play Jackie O next.
-Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons)
9. Tonight, the downward spiral becomes a straight, vertical line!" - Lindsay Lohan's weary, weary guardian angel #lizanddick
-Patton Oswalt (@PattonOswalt)
Last but not, least (although this is a retweet from a non-celeb, it was worth mentioning):
10. I cannot take LaLohan seriously as Elizabeth Taylor... it's like Paris Hilton playing Marilyn Monroe @perezhilton #Liz and Dick
-Lyndsey (@MsLynsA) and retweeted by Perez Hilton (@PerezHilton)
So, tell us. What did you think of Lindsay Lohan playing the iconic role of Elizabeth Taylor? Or did you skip the movie altogether?
More from YourTango: A-List Links: Lady Gaga Goes Nude For Candy Magazine—See The Pic
More couples content from YourTango:
- 5 Secrets Of Happily Married Couples
- 22 Ways Couples Can Overcome Infidelity
- What Happy Couples Have In Common [VIDEO]
Photo Credit: Getty