Strip clubs aren't the scary places you imagine.
This is a blog post by a member of the YourTango community. This post has not been edited by the YourTango staff, nor does it represent the opinons of YourTango and its employees.
Last Spring in the beginning stage of a new relationship, I joined a group of friends (two couples and one single gal) on an adventure to the world renowned Sin City; Las Vegas. Everyone going had already seen its' glory but me, so I gave fair warning that I would be making the most of our getaway, and the fun would begin on the plane over. Needless to say, by the time we landed and made it to our hotel before noon, I was already on a deep seeded buzz and well on my way into drunkity drunk drunk. I lasted that way for days, gone enough to keep myself in a mental party girl state, yet sober enough to remain classy and not do anything that would make me that girl who'd never be invited on a trip again. One of the funnest times us girls had during our excursion took place at the Thunder From Down Under male stripper review....
Last Saturday, I journeyed to Seattle with a longtime friend with no specific destination in mind and decided to just wing our fun for the evening. We enjoyed gloriously strong cocktails at a sleek bar/lounge, ate at a high end restaurant, and made ourselves out like tourists by visiting the Space Needle. By the time the later part of the evening came sneaking up on us, we found ourselves full and tiring out. We needed something to spark up a little energy. With a quick stop at Starbucks, we began brainstorming where we should go next. Like a true and true male, my friend Chris suggested DejaVu, the female strip joint down on 1st not too far from Pike Place Market. Being single and open minded to new and unaccomplished experiences, I agreed to check out the local nudists and see what all the hype was about....
After having gone to both 'Teams' and seeing how they operate, I've made some specific observations, rules, and suggestions from my time at watching this profession so you can decide for yourself if you believe it is a plausible offense that can break up your relationship, or that they are just another harmless collective of folks making a living like everyone else except, in the buff of course.
The Men's Team
- They never get completely naked. They will parade around in speedos, boxers, and costumes resembling heroic professions like fireman and police officers, you may even get a view of someones' rear end before the end of the night, but no anaconda surprise, EVER.
- They work solo AND as a pack. Male strippers actually concoct dance routines as if they are on a naughty version of So You Think You Can Dance, except the talent is gravely lacking. Hey, it's about muscles, not two steppin' right?
- They love the use of water. To tack focus onto their bodies, the men will shower themselves in H2O whenever necessary to glisten in the club lighting. Maybe it reminds them of showering at home, only with the added perk of an audience of ravenous, sexually starved women cheering them on for being so dirty.
- They love Bride To Be's. There's a reason why strip clubs/shows are so commonly tied to bachelor/bachelorette parties. Male dancers of the stripping sort love using a womans' 'last night of freedom' as a catapult to beating her heart like a pinata by dragging her onto stage and allow her to feel up what she will soon be missing out on forever once she says I do.
- They run around like toddlers and highly encourage groping. You heard me right, these guys embrace the oncoming of you copping a feel if they end up anywhere within your personal bubble space and will shoot you a seductive smirk and enthusiastic holler in the process. Fit men of these sorts want you to grab what they've got; what men don't want women frantic and seemingly desperate to ravage them, hmm?
Rules & Suggestions:
- Make sure you get prime seating. The guys may frolic around the room, but any ladies in the back will hardly get anything close to an experience the women up front and center do.
- If you're worried about a possible makeup meltdown in resemblance of a Picasso painting or are just plain not interested in getting wet, hang in the back of the room or stay home. Women want to be pretty, men like to get messy. Stripping is no exception to the rule.
- If you want the attention and prime favor of the fellas, come bearing a veil even if you aren't getting married. I learned this lesson by watching multiple women get dragged up on stage for personal dances, solely because they had a ring on their finger. Hey, I paid money too! If you truly want to get your benjamins worth, play the role of a bride to be for an evening and make up a fictional fiance with a story of romantic proposal and wedding date just in case you are questioned in front of everyone for specifics. What harm is there in going that extra mile and letting out your innner bad girl every now and then right?
The Female Team
They ply you with alcohol. The moment you walk into the dimly lit room and pop a squat at one of their teeny tables or 'luxury' seats right by the stage, some half naked vixen is alertly at your side with a smile on her face and offering up an endless supply of whatever booze your heart desires, and usually for free (as they should be, considering you're basically handing over a kidney to get in the club to begin with). The male strip show had a bar in the back of the venue where women had to go and order for themselves, and bring their drinks back to the tables themselves. The female strippers are crafty in getting more money that way by the seduction of cost free cocktails and beer, knowing full well it will eventually be found
From our Partners