We know men aren't always on board with the fashion and beauty items women love. (Yeah, we thought those harem pants were cool and trendy, too. Our guys weren't quite as sure.) But there are a few looks that are guaranteed to blow him away, and Valentine's Day is the perfect chance to show them off. Here are ten gorgeous style ideas for the coming occasion that both you and your man will adore.
1. Cherry red nail color. According to Cosmo, men are smitten with bright red fingertips. Over 40 percent said they would love to see their gals with a little crimson nail coloring, the runaway winner over any other polish tint. That's good, because we love the fierce hue too, and it's pretty darn festive for Valentine's Day.
2. Thigh-high boots. Most guys love curve-hugging skinny jeans, so tuck those into a pair of heeled thigh-high boots. Add in a pretty boyfriend blazer, and you have a winning outfit. These boots are definitely the sexiest footwear trend this winter.
3. Cropped leather jacket (pictured: Theory Reanne Leather Biker Jacket, $815 from net-a-porter.com). In a BeautyRiot.com poll, 93 percent of men confessed to loving the leather look. Pair a motorcycle jacket with a little red dress and you'll drive your date crazy all night.
4. Blake Lively-style curls. Blake's amazing, loose waves have been dubbed the new "Rachel" 'do by the New York Times. We can see why: those soft twists are utterly lust-worthy. So grab a set of hot-rollers and emulate the Gossip Girl star's stylish strands. Get ready to make him swoon, and you'll feel completely glamorous to boot.
5. The menswear look. Pull a masculine piece from his wardrobe, like an oversize button-down or a great pair of boyfriend jeans, then pair that item with feminine heels for a mix-master look that he'll love. Something tells us he will most definitely like his clothes better on you than on himself. 5 Fashion Trends Men Hate
6. Sequined skirt. Sequins are right on-trend currently, so pick up a sparkly skirt to add a little wow-factor into your look. We'd advocate wearing this piece with the menswear items we mentioned above for a knock-out ensemble.
7. A floral fragrance with spice. Glamour had a few lucky men smell-test various women's fragrances to see which scent had the biggest turn-on effect. Apparently, they flipped for florals that also had a hint of spice in them. Try Daisy by Marc Jacobs to accomplish that sweet-n-spicy air.
More from YourTango: Hosting Together? Scrumptious Christmas Recipes You Have To Try