A friend of mine, a guy who used to occasionally step out on his woman and hook up with other girls, had the strangest theory about the female species. "Women don't cheat," he told me, when I asked if he was ever worried she was doing the same thing to him. "It's just not in their nature." I just laughed. The Frisky: What Men Now Know About Women
Of course, I was not at all surprised when he found out she'd been two-timing him for most of their relationship after their inevitable breakup, but he was completely shocked. There are of course many things that men don't know about women, mainly because we don't want them to know, and so we try and keep them hidden really well. But during my two and a half years of interviewing countless ladies for Maxim's sex section, I discovered that there are many, many more things that we ladies keep hidden from men... The Frisky: What I've Learned About Dating Women
1. As soon as we are alone in the house—husband leaves for the office, kids go to school, roommate goes out of
town—and we have quality free time knowing no one is going to walk in on us, we masturbate. Sometimes we even just do it if you're still in the house if that quality free time is never going to come. Usually, it's while we're in the bathroom.
2. A good majority of us prefer to pee outside. And in the shower. And sometimes we really just want to do it in the hot tub, but we try to not do that one out of respect for everyone else in there.
3. We pluck stray hairs from our toes, our chin, our lips, moles on the backs of our legs and our nipples. And we really, really enjoy plucking a stubborn ingrown hair. Getting that sucker out is, for some gross reason, such sweet satisfaction.
4. When we're in love, we smell your clothes or the pillow you were sleeping on when you're not around. If you were to catch us doing this, we'd be mortified.
5. We've all wished that we could be more open and casual about sex from time to time … maybe go to a swingers party, have a threesome or be a dirty stripper for a night, but with no emotional consequences.
6. Deep down we really hope that your guy friends secretly want to sleep with us, and very often we will dress for them and subtly flirt just so they will. We don't want to bone them; we just want them to want us.
7. We are not insulted in the slightest by those catcalls from construction workers, as long as they aren't rude or nasty. It's kind of flattering. We also like it when you get a little jealous, to a degree. Not in an irrational or psycho way, just a bit to show you're protective and you care.
8. We regularly check in on what our exes are up to via Facebook, emails or texts. As long as we have the technology, they will never be fully out of our lives or minds. This doesn't mean we still love them; we're just curious.
9. When we have girls' nights, we do bad things that you wouldn't approve of like spill all of your embarrassing secrets, sneak cigarettes or other substances, and drink way more than we let on. Grinding with strangers at a club can also sometimes occur.
10. When you're not around, we fart. The longer, the louder and the stinkier, the more enjoyable. The Frisky: 10 Things Men Need to Know About Women
11. If you're really hot or the sex is good, you can be a total idiot and we'll still date you for a while. But we'll never marry you. Brains and kindness will always trump sexiness when it comes to marriage material.
More Juicy Content From YourTango: