Joan Rivers turns 77 today, so she's certainly been around the block a time or two...hundred. In honor of the comedienne's big day—and the release of her documentary, Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work (opening June 11)—we thought we'd take a look back at some of her greatest quips on the topics of marriage, sex, love...and even celeb love.
On being single:
More from YourTango: Khloe Kardashian To Kim: 'Your Belly Is Fantastic!'
- I was the last girl in Larchmont, NY to get married. My mother had a sign up: 'Last Girl Before Freeway.'
- A girl, you're 30 years old, you're not married—you're an old maid. A man, he's 90 years old, he's not married—he's a catch.
- A man can sleep around, no questions asked. But if a woman makes 19 or 20 mistakes, she's a tramp.
- I spit on education. No man will ever put his hand up your dress looking for a library card.
- Trust your husband, adore your husband, and get as much as you can in your own name.
- Every woman in this room tonight: Think like a second wife. You grab and you take. You grab and you take. And when you die, whatever you got out of him you have buried on you. If the next bitch wants it, make her dig for it.
- When you first get married, they open the car door for you. Eighteen years now...once he opened the car door for me in the last four years—we were on the freeway at the time.
More from YourTango: Exclusive! Perez Hilton Talks Being A Single Parent & Dating
On gay marriage:
- Gay marriage—I am so against it because all my gay friends are out. And if they get married, it will cost me a fortune in gifts.
- My love life is like a piece of Swiss cheese. Most of it's missing, and what's there stinks.
- Don't talk to me about Valentine's Day. At my age, an affair of the heart is a bypass!
More Juicy Content From YourTango: