Even men love the romance of the kiss.
Ah, kissing! Who doesn't love to kiss? The feel of someone else's lips on your mouth, your neck, your ear … A kiss can be dirty, interrogative, or chaste; it can be placed anywhere on your body; it can last for less than a second or several hundred seconds. Kissing is one of the most universal acts of love — almost everyone does it at some point. But what kinds of kisses do men like best? Do they want a sloppy wet one? A quick peck? What about during sex? We polled our male acquaintances and found four types of kisses they like best:
1. The lip-sucking kiss. This kind of kiss usually occurs during a make-out and it involves gently tugging your partners upper or lower lip. Why do men love it?
"Let's be honest, the lip-sucking kiss is the best. It's the official kiss of ramping-things-up, and simply hints at many more talents and adventures to come." – Jody, 29, Radio Producer
"I actually pair slight lip-sucking with very light, barely-touching lip licking. I'm not so much partial to having my own lips licked and sucked, but I'm a big fan of doing it to my girlfriend. It provokes the best kinds of reactions." John, 28, Writer
"Aside from the obvious reason — i.e. you have to be having sex for this kiss to work — it's hot because you're essentially combining one of the most classically romantic acts with one of the dirtiest, if you're doing it right, that is." – Scott, 30, Bartender
3. The simple kiss. The simple kiss is nothing fancy, just a quick smooch on the lips, the cheek, anywhere.
"I love when my wife kisses me anytime of day, nothing sloppy, just a simple kiss. Every time we kiss I smell her lotion and shampoo and it makes me smile." – Andrew, 31, Flight Paramedic
4. The tongue kiss. The tongue kiss is the classic French kiss —slipping your tongue inside the other person's mouth. Why do men love it?
"A good French kiss is as intimate as sex. The eyes-closed, you-tilt-head-this-way-I'll-tilt-mine-this-way, bodies-pressed-together, jaws-stretching, tongue-darting, hands-roving, butt-clenched back-and-forth is one of life's sweetest, simplest, most honest pleasures. There's magic in a good kiss. There's an articulation and intuition-by-feel in a passionate kiss that no amount of talking or sex can replicate. " – Tom, 31, Comedian
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- What Does A Kiss Mean? 9 Types Of Kisses Decoded
- 10 Surprising Facts About Kisses
- The Best Kissing Advice From YourTango