Love knows no bounds, but maybe it should. 6 disturbingly inappropriate relationships.
They say that love has no bounds, but maybe it should.
We recently read about a biological grandmother and grandson who are romantically involved, furthering our belief that so long as love and sex abound, scandal will as well. While we respect all shapes and sizes of relationships, here are six couples whose love stories skew more disturbing than delighting:
1. Indiana grandmother and grandson hook up, have a kid. Here are the dirty details of the grandmother/grandson story we mentioned: Back when she was 18, Pearl Carter, now 72, gave up Phil Bailey's mother for adoption. After after his mother's death, Phil tracked down Pearl, and the two promptly hooked up and fell in love. Now they are using a surrogate mother to have a baby. While Phil and Pearl are well-aware of the public scrutiny, they claim not to mind, as Phil finds Pearl "gorgeous" and Pearl says that her grandson makes her feel sexually alive. Ugh. Weirdest Thing A Guy's Asked You To Do In Bed
2. Morgan Freeman and E'Dena Hines. Last year, the National Enquirer alleged that the Oscar winner and his 27-year-old step-granddaughter, E'Dena Hines, have been involved for more than a decade. Here's how it works: E'Dena's grandmother, Jeannette Adair Bradshaw, is Morgan's first wife. He adopted Jeannette's biological daughter, Deena, who had E'Dena, and who in turn was raised by Morgan and his soon-to-be ex-wife, Myrna Colley. Talk about taking "it's complicated" to a new level. Danger Ahead! 5 Men Not To Date
3. Woody Allen and Soon-Yi Previn. We can't bring up Morgan and E'Dena without a nod to Woody and Soon-Yi. As the story goes, Mia Farrow adopted Soon-Yi while she was still involved with Woody. Years later, Mia found naked pictures of Soon-Yi among Woody's belongings. The two split up soon afterward. While Woody and Soon-Yi have outlasted most Hollywood couples, the nature of their relationship somewhat overshadows their romantic longevity in our book.
4. Mother rapes son she gave up for adoption. Last fall, police accused Aimee Louise Sword of tracking down the son she gave up for adoption a decade prior and raping him. Although Ms. Sword claimed innocence, she was arraigned on three charges of criminal sexual misconduct. Most disturbingly, it was unclear whether or not the boy, still a minor, knew that she was his biological mother. Authorities told MyFox Detroit that the boy would probably be scarred for life. (Ya think?!) Dating Disaster: I Kissed My Cousin
5. Parents of two victims of unsolved crimes hook up. This next story isn't as inappropriate as it is plain weird. In July 2007, Fox News reported that John Ramsey and Beth Holloway Twitty, parents of Jonbenet Ramsey and Natalee Holloway, respectively, were dating. Jonbenet was killed in 1996, and Natalee presumably murdered in 2005. Could the two have forged a relationship out of their shared grief? Although Ramsey and Holloway claimed that they were just friends, sources said that they had met at a fundraiser and were seen kissing publicly.
5. Father and daughter also hook up, have kids. In 2008, John Earnest Deaves and his daughter, Jennifer Anne Deaves, scandalized West Australia after they publicized their relationship on Australia's 60 Minutes. The two began a sexual relationship 30 years after John separated from Jennifer's mother. Their union produced two children, the first of whom died a few days after birth from congenital heart disease. The Australian government eventually charged the couple on two counts of incest, one for each child. During interviews, John commented that he knew their actions were illegal, but that he was following his heart instead of his head. Is it just us, or does that still sound wrong?
6. Teacher marries former 6th-grade pupil. We can't talk about inappropriate relationships without bringing up Mary-Kate Letorneau, who not only hooked up with her 12-year-old student, Vili Fualauu, but married him after spending 7 years in prison for statutory rape. The happy couple have four children together, the first of whom was conceived when Mary-Kate was 35, and Vili 13.
Did we miss anyone? Let us know in the comments below.