Age, ego, the media or just chemistry: eight theories why the two Taylors called it quits.
After only three months, the two Taylors are no more (and the rumors are that it was Swifty who gave the relationship the axe).
But why (oh why!)? Just last week it seems they were sending secret signals on Saturday Night Live, going out for fast food and meeting each other's respective parents. It was
our their dream romance, and it's just all over too soon. HollywoodLife: Taylor Lautner & Taylor Swift: The Way They Were! A Look Back At The Cutest Couple’s CUTEST Moments!
Although their reps and issued the standard "no comment," sources close to the stars have been speaking out to the tabloids. Here's what they have to say about the demise, along with our own theories.
- Impatience: Think back to your teens, or hey, it's even still relevant now: three months is a good relationship marker. By month three, you've had plenty of time together and if it isn't warming into something spectacular, it's best you move on. So was it the same for the Taylors: "It wasn't really developing into anything, and wasn't going to, so they decided they were better as friends," says a source.
- Chemistry: Per an Us Weekly scoop: "There was no chemistry, and it felt contrived." The relationship may be picture perfect, and you can really, really like a dude. But if things feel awkward when cuddling on the couch, then is just ain't working. Can There Be Love Without Chemistry?
- Media Hype: "It was never a big deal to begin with," says a source to People. "The media made way more out of it than it is." This makes sense, we all wanted them to be a couple, and they did try. Poor young Hollywood romance, it could never live up to the sensational expectations!
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- 50 Couples Halloween Costumes
- 11 Halloween Quotes From Our Favorite Spooky Love Stories
- History Of Halloween: 7 Creepy Tales of Love And The Supernatural