My new tall, dark and handsome boyfriend was standing across the room looking so fine in his shirt; I couldn't take my eyes off him. It was my pal's birthday party and the first time I had ever dragged my latest man-friend out with my buddies. I wasn't sure how it would go, yet there he was, charming the pants off them all by himself, busting out his A-material small talk with some friends in a corner. He was doing his best to impress. It was very sexy. He was going all out for me. The Frisky: First Time For Everything: May-December Romance
Meanwhile, I was at the snack table and before I could curse myself for leaving him to go in for another cheesy cracker, I was accosted by a buddy's wife I barely knew, a bitch named Sue. "How old is he?" she pried.
After politely playing 20 questions with Sue about my new boyfriend, I knew this was the one she was getting at. I wanted to say something like, "He's not as old as those frown lines make you look," or "He has the biggest d**k I've ever seen!" Anything that would shut her up and let me enjoy my prized romance. Instead I shoved a cracker in my mouth and mulled over her question as I pretended it was hard to chew. It was more like her question was hard to swallow. The Frisky: Dating Don'ts: How Not To Handle An Age Difference
Yes, my new man was older than me, much older than me. But I wasn't some gold digger trying to claw at his cash account, or even a woman with daddy issues. I just thought he was the hottest, funniest man I'd ever met. He was more exciting to be with than any of the 20-something guys I knew. And before I even knew what a great screw he was, I was already smitten with his wit and the way he filled out a pair of pants. Are there better reasons to date someone? Should I really have let 15 years come between me and happiness, just so I could avoid judgment from girls like Sue? I really should have answered her question with the long list of truly great things about dating an older man. Dear Wendy: The Hot Young Stud vs. The Rich Older Guy
1. You Get Off: He's confident in bed. He knows what he's doing ... and if he doesn't by then, well, then he's hopeless and you don't have to waste your time trying to teach him.
2. He Knows Cool Stuff You Never Heard Of: Generation gaps can be a good thing culture-wise. He can introduce you to music and movies that are totally awesome classics. The Frisky: MERRIMe, A New Web Comedy About Online Dating
- Girl Talk: Guys, Keep Your Porno Fantasies To Yourself
- How To Propose In Public So It Doesn't Suck
- Factors In Making Love Last (Or Not)