Askmen.com published a story this week about how to transform your needy, clingy girlfriend back into the cool chick she seemingly was when you first met her. Now, before you get all offended, let us tell you two things: 1) the author was a woman (by the name of Sharalyn Hartwell) and 2) we actually agree with her.
Hartwell's argument: That a woman becomes needy only when a man stops making her feel secure in the relationship, and that there are five very simple things a man can do to bring his girlfriend's sense of security back. Among them:
More from YourTango: 16 Bachelorette Party Traditions That Need To Be Retired
1. Do what you say you will do. Call when you say you'll call, make her believe you're a loyal boyfriend with a sense of follow-through. Be an insider. Get the YourTango newsletter. Delivered daily.
2. Randomly clue her in. Share what you're thinking when she's not probing you for information, tell her about your thoughts and dreams, make her believe she's worthy of your secret thoughts.
3. Not out of sight, out of mind. Give her a call or drop her a text when you're out with your friends to let her know that she's on your mind even when you're apart. Which Love Language Do You Speak?
4. Maintain contact when out together. Catch her eye from across the room you're out together at a party, let her know that you know you have the best date in the room.
5. Prove you're observant. Let her know that you notice her appearance, give her suprise compliments, make it clear you appreciate her. Inner Beauty: What Men Don't Tell You
We like what Hartwell is saying to all the men out there who date clingy women. We think that the needy, clingy women of the world could use some tips of their own, however (after all, the best transformation techniques are those we can oversee ourselves, right?).
More from YourTango: The 'Taylor Swift Syndrome': Do You Get Too Close Too Fast?
More Juicy Content From YourTango: