What will your favorite star couples dance to on their big days?
We haven't attended a whole lot of famous people's weddings, but we imagine they are fantastic affairs with peacocks wandering around and ice sculptures of the happy couple and passed hors d'oeuvres that are never too small or too messy. And of course, given that the famous people are often trained performers, we expect a lot out of their reception dancing. Surely they can do better than that couple from Minnesota! But not every famous couple can be Khlodom, slow-dancing their way into a lifetime of bliss to the dulcet strains of Lionel Richie and Diana Ross singing "Endless Love." Here are some couples and what we'd like to see them play at their lavish destination weddings.
Madonna & Jesus Luz
The twice-married Madge has said she'll never tie the knot again, but if she did make an honest man out of her boytoy, model Jesus Luz, we imagine their reception playlist would go a little something like this:
- "Cradle of Love," Billy Idol
- "Grown Woman," Mary J. Blige
- "What Child Is This," Sarah McLachlan (but only if they get married in December)
- "Like a Prayer," by the blushing bride herself
Justin has dated a basketball team's worth of beautiful women, and now that he's moved on from Jessica Biel to Rihanna (um, maybe), we're wondering if the Bahamian beauty could be the one. Their nuptials would blend blue-eyed soul with reggaeton in a particularly odd way.
- "What Goes Around," J.Tim (we didn't write the song, he did!)
- "On to the Next One," Jay-Z
- "Better Be Good to Me," Tina Turner
- "Southern Man," Neil Young
Kirstie Alley & Jamie Foxx
Kirstie spent the week tweeting frantically about her torrid affair with Jamie Foxx, which makes us feel weird in ways we cannot explain. Come on, that is a strange pairing. Stranger than Ted Danson and Whoopi Goldberg. But, you know, we wish them the best, and that Jamie would also take to social media to express his feelings for all the world to see. Their wedding songs would all have titles 140 characters long or fewer.
- "Fat Bottomed Girls," Queen (Kirstie would think it's funny)
- "Digital Girl," remixed by the groom
- "Black or White," Michael Jackson
Look, it's been on the cover of OK!, so obviously the Twilight lovers will be getting hitched any day now. We're sure that out of deference to their many passionate fans, they'll choreograph the wedding itself to match every detail so lovingly set down by Stephenie Meyer, right down to the part where Kristen gives birth to a telepathic vampire baby six weeks later. And also, Kristen will ride to the ceremony in a Popemobile in case some addled Twihard takes a shot at her. But before all that nonsense, they’ll dance like the precious undead butterflies they are.
- Everything ever written by Vampire Weekend and Muse
- "Go All the Way (Into the Twilight)," Perry Farrell
- "My Boyfriend's Back," The Angels
- "Pocketful of Sunshine," Natasha Bedingfield
- "Delilah," Tom Jones
Kevin Jonas & Danielle Deleasa
These two actually are getting married, and we're pretty sure they're the kind of Christians who wear promise rings but don't ban all pop music and dancing. (That would be ironic, right?) One thing you can bank on: The reception probably won't include anything by Miley Cyrus. Or Taylor Swift.
- "Like a Virgin," Madonna
- "White Wedding," Billy Idol
- "When You Say Nothing at All," Allison Krauss
- "I'd Rather Dance With You," Kings of Convenience
Photo via Bauer-Griffin.