- The proper way to measure a penis is on the top side from the tip down to the pubic bone at the base.
Supposedly you can compare you lover's penis to a dollar bill if you don't want to whip out a measuring tape during sex.* Personally, I think it would be just as hard to explain what you were doing.
More from YourTango: Power Women: 4 Must-Know Dating Secrets Of Successful Ladies
- You know you shouldn't care, but since you probably do, the average erect penis is a little more than 5 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Only 15% of men are over 7 inches, and only 3% are over 8 inches.
The smallest recorded human penis was 5/8 of an inch; the largest was 13.5 inches. (A blue whale's penis, however, is almost 10 feet long and a foot in diameter.)
- Penis size is not a medical concern unless the penis is shorter than 1 1/2 inches when flaccid and 3 inches when erect. There are surgical remedies, but the recovery is painful.
- Gay men's penises are, on average, a third of an inch longer. This may be a sign of intelligent design as men's mouths are also, on average, larger than women's.
- The best way to increase penis size is by losing belly fat.
- There is no way to predict penis size without looking at the penis. Yes, scientists have actually studied this question.
Scientists have tried to connect the size of men's penises to the size of their feet, noses, thumbs, earlobes, and index fingers. The most recent study looked for a connection between flat buttocks and long penises. We could go back to having men wear tights, but they would probably stuff their codpieces.
More from YourTango: Win The Classic Timbuk2 Messenger Bag!
Facts are from "Size Matters" by Harry Fisch, M.D. and Kara Baskin.
* According to the authors of "Size Matters," a one dollar bill is six inches long. I measure 6 1/8 inches on an old-style bill, with 5 inches falling at the end of the word "ONE" on the front side and 4 inches at the first "A" in America.