Last week the editrixes at YourTango compiled a list of relationship mistakes that women should stop making. The list was solid but a bit heavy on the progesterone. I responded to their list with one from the Yang point-of-view. My list was fun, but I felt like it may have been a little heavy-handed. You decide: Read: 14 Relationship Mistakes We Wish You'd Stop Making
At any rate, in the name of making this space the Hannity And Colmes of YourTango (i.e. totally impartial and fair), I've compiled a list of stuff us dudes should probably quit doing in the name of healthy love and relationships:
1. Getting philosophical during "cuddle time." Easy Nietzsche, enjoy the silence. Wait til later to tell her why Washington is holding back the electric car.
More from YourTango: Man Charged With Eavesdropping On Estranged Wife's Sex Life
2. Watching TV, reading, surfing the interweb and/or listening to music during an important conversation. Trust me, being able to recite the highlights (and a detail or two) of what she just said can go a long way. It's going to be tough if you have to ask yourself if she said it, or if Al Michaels did.
3. Leaving your shirt on during sex. Yes, I took this from Chelsea Lately, but it's brilliant: There is nothing stranger than a man wearing nothing but a shirt, unless that man is also wearing sneakers and a hat.
4. Claiming not to have a girlf. Do you spend money on her? Has she met your friends? Have you had sober sex on several occasions? Do you spend the night? Do you take meals together at restaurants? Are you doing the same stuff with anyone else? Yeah, she's probably your girlf, guy.
5. Not understanding the value of cut flowers. I know that paying money for something that is going to be all wilty in like three days seems crazy. Sometimes rooms need a little brightening. Just go with it, OK?
6. Saying "You had me at 'hello''' or "You complete me" with anything that approaches sincerity... Nevermind. If you want to quote Jerry Maguire, don't let anyone stop you.
7. Showing improper levels of jealousy. Some jealousy is good, natural and a bit flattering. Driving four hours to punch Jim Halpert in the neck is cause for concern.
More from YourTango: Is A Sex Addiction Epidemic Destroying Marriages?
More Juicy Content From YourTango: