Before getting your moral molars all impacted, we'd like to make clear that we're not endorsing having an affair or ruining a perfectly good marriage (or an imperfect one, for that matter).
Whether single or taken, flirting is fun. Getting hitched helps out in the tax and health care departments, but married social life can start to feel like a blur of "dinner at the Newman's" and "girls' nights out." We already know that flirting at the office helps business and is good for substance-free spirit-lifting. Unlike flirting with single blokes, hair flips and deep conversations with married guys aren't automatic green lights for making a move. Here are ten other reasons to flirt with a man in a (wedding) band.
More from YourTango: 8 Subtle Signs You (Or A Friend) Are In An Abusive Relationship
1. Flirting with an unavailable man can make you feel good about yourself without pressure to seal the deal—or face any sort of actual rejection. If he makes an unwanted move, you can always say "You're married! I didn't think this was going anywhere!"
2. In fact, you can try out crazy pick-up lines, silly stories and generally act however you want without worrying that he thinks you're a fool.
3. Batted lashes can make an off-the-market man feel good about himself. (This will only appeal to the altruistic among us.)
4. Sometimes social gatherings are so dull, it's either flirt with this guy or punch out that chick who will not stop talking about her Christian Louboutins.
5. Coy smiles at Mr. Married will make you seem more in-demand to Mr. Single. Translation: get that guy from way over there to come over here.
6. Entrapment. Save his wife the trouble of finding out later in life that he's a scoundrel. (Again, only for altruistic souls.)
8. He could have a cool friend who's into forward women unafraid to chat up married guys.
More from YourTango: Infographic: Is He Or She Off Limits?
9. Exchanging witty banter allows you to enjoy meeting someone new and feed the brain with interesting conversatioin. (Duh)
10. Drinks don't pay for themselves.