A round-up of some of my favorite quotations from celebrities—all starlets—on the powerful world of food and drink, each of these stars’ words are very telling.
More from YourTango: DIY Easter Candy Cocktail Recipe
Here are 20 appetizing zingers by celebs, each famous actress giving you her take!
1) Meryl Streep—“It's bizarre that the produce manager is more important to my children's health than the pediatrician.”
2) Daryl Hannah— “That's a big goal of mine, to try and grow as much of my own food as possible.”
3) Audrey Hepburn— “For a slim figure, Share your food with the hungry.”
4) Sophia Loren—“Everything you see I owe to spaghetti."
5) Sandra Bullock—“Chocolate is the greatest gift to women ever created, next to the likes of Paul Newman and Gene Kelly. It's something that should be had on a daily basis.”
6) Whoopi Goldberg—“ [New York City] We have Asian people making pizza, we have Italian people serving soul food. You are not going to see that any place else.”
7) Marlene Dietrich—“Champagne makes you feel like it’s Sunday and better days are just around the corner.”
8) Reese Witherspoon—“I love to cook comfort food. I’ll make fish and vegetables or meat and vegetables and potatoes or rice. The ritual of it is fun for me and the creativity of it.”
9) Jennifer Aniston—“Look I eat really well and I work out, but I also indulge when I want to. I don't starve myself in an extremist way. You're not taking away my coffee or my dairy or my glass of wine because I'd be devastated.”
10) Cameron Diaz—“French fries. I love them. Some people are chocolate and sweets people. I love French fries. That and caviar.”
11) Joan Collins—“Age is just a number. It's totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.”
12) Angela Bassett—“I love vegan choices, raw food choices, and I’ll eat whatever I have to in order to get into whatever shape I need to get into for any one particular role.”
13) Goldie Hawn—“If you put junk food in your body, your body will turn to junk.”
14) Julia Roberts—“I’ve always been a friend of food. I probably put on about seven pounds in Rome when we were shooting. I ate a lot of pizzas in Naples. It was just great. But it was hard on take 10 on a giant plate of pasta.”
More from YourTango: Chocolate Lovers Rejoice: You Can Make Nutella At Home!
15) Shirley MacLaine—“Don't be afraid to go out on a limb. It's where all the fruit is.”
16) Gwyneth Paltrow—"We've got a wood-burning pizza oven in the garden—a luxury, I know, but it's one of the best investments I've ever made."