Are you too needy in your relationships? If you are you'll end up sabotaging them even when you've found a good man! The most recurring problem women tell me about is their inability to maintain a long and committed relationship with a man because of their constant sense of neediness.
So what are some of the main ways you can be too needy and cause yourself constant heartbreak and disappointment with men?
- Your neediness can show up as possessiveness and jealousy. There is nothing more miserable than being overwhelmed by your own sense of not being good enough. It makes you clingy and overly attentive to a man's every move while you ignore your own feelings and needs.
- You determine to set good boundaries for yourself but you can't maintain them because you are worried that the man won't like you. This can result in you getting intimate with a man before you know that he's committed to you or letting him treat you in a way that makes you feel like you're not a priority in his life.
- You'll hold back your feelings and opinions with a man so you won't disagree with him and rock the boat. If he thinks you agree with him you won't be judged as wrong. You'll also avoid any conflict that could erupt from you expressing your personal opinions.
If you're too needy and dependent on a man you will be a slave to your feelings. It will keep you in chains of desperation and you will never be able to relax and be yourself with a man.
There is only one cure for being too needy: emotional freedom! What does emotional freedom feel like when you're in a relationship? It feels like confidence.
As opposed to being too needy in your relationship, you're no longer dependent on the man you are with to make you feel safe, worthy or loved.
Too needy in your relationship: Stop being the victim
Emotional freedom requires that you stop seeing yourself as a victim. It requires that you take responsibility for your feelings and act on them accordingly. When you take on your emotions as "your problem" you create less drama in your relationships...less anger, blame and resentment.
When you've worked on yourself and are no longer being needy and desperate in your relationships you will find not only emotional freedom but a great sense of worthiness that you create for yourself and that no one can take away from you.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- Great Love Advice From YourTango
- Do's And Don'ts: Relationships And Technology
- Making Long-Distance Love Work