If you haven't been living under a rock, you've probably heard that Kim Kardashian recently got engaged in over-the-top fashion with now fiancé Kanye West. His proposal entailed renting out the entire San Francisco's AT&T baseball park in order to pop the question. A romantic gesture to be sure, but since this is Kim's third go around at marriage, it makes us wonder if she realizes that the fame may be part of the reason that her family is dealing with issues of crumbling relationships.
More from YourTango: 4 Safety Measures To Remember While Dating Online
While the Kardashians and Jenners form a made-for-reality family by marriage, they also have very noticeable differences. Bruce Jenner also has four other children besides the two he has with Kris. Do you even know their names? While the Kardashians choose to be flashy, the Jenners tend to stay low key. Let's take a look at the differences between these two styles:
• Kim Kardashian is the most well known of the 10 kids and her most recent infamously short wedding to Kris Humphries seemed like a fairy tale in the televised wedding ceremony, but ended only 72 days later. Now she's repeating the same pattern with Kanye.
• Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom decided to put their romance on a reality show as well as a perfume, and it back fired. Especially since they met and married within a month, perhaps getting to be too focused on business ventures and putting the relationship in the spotlight, puts too much pressure especially when now the relationship is clearly in trouble.
• Kourtney Kardashian is low key about her relationship with Scott Disick, as she keeps her decisions about marriage or baby showers or anything else related to her personal life more private. Scott seems to take cues from Kim in his flashy behavior, but Kourtney seems to keep him under control.
• Kris Kardashian is undeniably interested in the spotlight and it appears to have affected her marriage. Even in the early Kardashian episodes, Bruce was always uninterested in flashy cars, he was seen driving his daughters to school while Kris was often seen on her phone doing business.
• The next generation of Jenner/Kardashians Kendall and Kylie seem to be taking cues from their mother and not their father. We have already seen the Jenner girls out with boys.
Now onto Team Jenner and his kids:
• Brody Jenner, who is the most well known, has had several high profile relationships with celebrities such as Avril Lavigne, Kristin Cavillari and Lauren Conrad, but he never seems to be flashy about it.
• Brandon Jenner and his wife Leah are into each other more than the spotlight. Although they have decided to appear on the Kardashian's reality show, this couple tends to shy away from the spotlight. They also happen to be one of the most adorable duos in existence. You can tell that their marriage is genuine and not built on flash.
• Casey and Burt Jenner are the other two that we don't see or hear from. Both have chosen lives outside of the spotlight, and Casey is married with children.
So, what can we learn from the different styles of behavior with the Jenners and Kardashians? Playing up to the cameras can have a negative impact on their personal happiness. We will see which of the Jenner's marriages' last vs. the Kardashian's as it continues to play out in the media.
More from YourTango: Relationship Lessons From Kris Jenner
For More On Celebrity Sex From YourTango: