Are you looking to plan a romantic getaway for you and your man? Instead of spending tons of money on an exotic, faraway location, check out these easy tips to have a focused vacation at home.
1. Plan ahead. The best way to pull off a staycation when you have kids is to make sure everything is planned beforehand. You do not want your spouse to have other plans for the weekend, so talk about it. Stressed? 5 Incredibly Healthy Reasons To Rip His Clothes Off
2. Hire a sitter. If you have young children, you will want to hire a babysitter so you can fully enjoy yourself. If you do not have family that can help, consider exchanging the favor with friends. Invite their kids have a sleepover with yours one weekend and then ship yours off to their house. Either way, if you can get the kids out of your house for the weekend, you will have a much better time with your man.
3. Wear out the kids. If you simply can't find a sitter, the good news is that the kids will go to sleep … eventually. Spend the evening wearing them out with lots of games and then once they're asleep, block off your part of the house so you can have some privacy. Plan to spend the whole night enjoying each other with the understanding that you each get naps the next day.
4. Stock up. Make sure you have plenty of toys, movies, beverages and edible delights to make it a masterful evening. Turn on some soft music and play a board game, or get out the sexy dice and roll your way into foreplay. Whatever it is that turns you both on should be the focus. Dr. Laura Berman On How To Spice Up Your Sex Life In 2012
Couples with kids get in sexual ruts very easily as they move from lovers and friends to moms and dads. A sex staycation may be just what you need to put the va-va-va-voom back into your marriage. Talk Your Way To Better Sex
Here at The Sinclair Institute, we understand the need for quality adult sex education and support. We are committed to helping couples overcome barriers that can affect the quality of sexual relationships.
More sex advice on YourTango:
- Spiritual Sex: 10 Erotic Commandments
- Sex Positions Men Love
- Sex Stories #119: 'The Night I Roofied Myself'