If you're looking for long-term love, mobile dating might not be your best bet.
Have you considered going mobile in your quest to find love? Recently, I was interviewed to discuss the pros and cons of dating during the time of smart phones. Apparently, online dating isn't the only high-tech option for singles to meet each other anymore.
Some creative approaches include an app that allows the user to find a connection while waiting at the airport for a flight. Another application gaining traction and popularity uses the GPS feature on your smartphone and locates singles in your vicinity.
While availability is an important factor in meeting the right guy, common sense about safety is definitely needed when using these avenues. Who uses these apps? People who want to enjoy the moment and have a good time; those who enjoy the chase and the thrill of meeting new people; people seeking superficial connections that probably won't go anywhere.
If you are serious about attracting the right person for love and commitment, don't expect these apps to lead you to the altar. Also, there are some major cons with sharing your personal information with these apps:
- It will not lead to traditional dating. The idea behind these apps is spontaneity which generally leads to poor choices, especially in love. When you are emotional and down or feeling lonely and insecure these types of apps are tempting to use because of the possibly instantaneous response. The wrong motivation always leads to regret.
- It is not a controlled environment. These apps generally promote finding other singles in places such as bars, which can lead to various safety issues for women. Paying close attention to your intuition usually nose dives with alcohol and can lead to the tendency of giving out too much personal information to someone you do not even know.
- Is this person really single? Features are not going to include background checks.
One important aspect of dating is being emotionally ready to meet the right one. Creative ways of opening more doors for that person to enter your life is definitely a positive move because those new avenues put you in front of people outside your routine. However, be wise and listen to your intuition when joining various high-tech options.
Nancy Pina is a highly recognized author, relationship coach and speaker. She is dedicated to helping individuals attract emotionally healthy relationships through her practical, Christian-based advice. Visit here for articles, exercises, coaching options and recent books.
More dating advice from YourTango:
- 7 Signs He Wants To Kiss You Right. This. Second.
- 30 Bad Relationship Habits You *Desperately* Need To Lose By Age 30
- What Is Mobile Dating? Should I Try It?