After many years together, things can get stale - fast - be creative and keeps things exciting.
With the arrival of a new year your heart is filled with new hopes and new dreams along with a desire to see your dreams come true. In your life you go through a series of beginnings and endings but you never mourn the loss of an ending as you are aware that each ending signifies a new beginning. As the New Year approaches you hope of new possibilities both in your personal and professional life. So have you ever given some thought to starting 2012 with a new relationship? By a new relationship it is not implied that you leave the current relationship to begin a new one. It just means that you make a new start of your current relationship with your partner. If you have always hoped of being in a loving relationship but the love and charm from your relationship disappeared after a couple of years then why don't you think about reviving your relationship in 2012 to make it as good as new.
When you want to make a new start with your partner you should consider making some relationship resolutions that will help in improving the quality of your relationship. The reason why most relationships start becoming dull after a certain time is that couples do not make the effort to keep their relationship alive. In fact you must have seen people making New Year resolutions but can you honestly say that you have ever thought about making resolutions in your relationships? If your answer is in the negative then it is time that you grab the opportunity to reassess your relationship in 2012. It will help you in deciding what needs to be done in order to give your relationship a boost. Some of the relationship resolutions for 2012 that you can try for making your partner fall in love with you again have been given here:
1. Don't let the spirit of holiday season die- During the Christmas holidays most people let go of their reservations and wrap themselves in the holiday spirit to make the most of this time. During this time you shop with your partner, buy gifts for each other and engage in fun activities. But all these come to a swift end on January 2nd as life goes back to normal. But the question arises does your life really has to become dull and boring again just because the festival season has come to end? Is it not possible to have fun with your partner every day of the New Year?
2. Let go of the habits that your spouse dislikes- Most couples have lots of complaints regarding their partner's certain habits. Your partner might not like some of the things that you do such as watching cricket on a Sunday; paying less attention to the children, etc. it is time that you make the effort to get rid of a bad habit that your partner detests. You can make this your New Year's resolution and make your partner happy. When your partner will see that you are genuinely trying to give up your bad habits for them, they might also want to do the same for you. In this way both of you are going to be happy and have lesser fights in 2012.
3. Try to get along with the person you hate- There may be some people who are very important to your partner but you can not stand the sight of them. Life can become much more peaceful for both you and your partner if you make a conscious effort to get along with that person whom you have always hated. All that you have to do is stop complaining about them all the time and try to be more acceptable of their significance in your partner's life.
4. Try to share more of your time with your partner- For any relationship to survive spending quality time with other is very important. So you need to ask yourself if watching a football match is more important than making your partner happy by going out with them. It will mean a lot to your beloved if join them in doing something that they love. Furthermore, you can also make a resolution to be more helpful to your partner in their tasks. This is one step that is sure to win the approval of your loved one.
5. Let the past stay in the past- There might be certain things happened in your relationship that creates friction between you and your partner. In such a case it is much better to put the past issues behind rather than bringing them up in every fight to hurt your partner. If you think that your partner has been hurt by you then you must not shy away from making an apology so that both of you can be ready to move on in life and create more beautiful memories rather than thinking about an event that hurts you both. Remember that you are trying to establish a new and a better relationship with your spouse. So make the most of the present moment.
6. Try something new- If you have always wanted to try out new things but have been hesitant about disrupting your routine life then a new year is the perfect time to do them. Your aim is to bring freshness and charm in your old relationship but if you keep on doing the same things there is very little chance of being successful in your aim. The idea is to bring spontaneity in your dull life to make it more fun filled and adventurous. Remember the time when you were always springing surprises on your partner to see them smiling with love and adoration in their eyes? It is time to go back to that time.
Even though you may find these relationship resolutions to be outside of your comfort zone they are worth making. You can think about many more resolutions that can help you in reviving your old relationship.
(Taken from the Marrige Plan programme www.phoenixrelationshipcoaching.com)