Learn How Kid-Centric Parenting is the BEST Thing to Happen to Couples Today!
Let's just get this out of the way first... Parenting is NOT an easy gig. It is a 24/7/365 demand on your time, energy and resources. It's not for the faint of heart.
The topic of Attachment Parenting or Kid-Centric parenting styles have taken a beating over the past few years. The idea of co-sleeping, babywearing, behavior modeling, etc., somehow has been twisted and turned to represent some kind of maniacal idea that means you completely ignore EVERYONE else in your life and lose yourself in the maze of parenting. NOT TRUE.
Kid-Centric parenting can be the BEST THING to happen to your marriage, and here's why:
- You and your spouse are on the SAME PAGE when it comes to parenting! You both believe in respoding to your child's needs. You both actively participate in the bonding process. You both equally share duties and equally participate in the parenting plan.
- You both develop your own deep bond with the baby! Your child learns that both parents are equally responsive to their needs and develops a sense of security that includes mom and dad. No more "the baby likes you better" moments.
- You learn to get creative with sexy time! If you are practicing co-sleeping, you learn to get creative about where you and your spouse are going to have sex. The guest room, the living room, the shower, the bedroom floor. Learning how to take the monotomy out of your monogamy as parents is key in deepening your intimacy.
- You know you can count on your spouse to share the responsiblity! When you focus on Kid-Centric parenting, you both equally share the duties. It's no longer "your job" to get up at night, or change the baby, or bathe the baby. You both equally share the parenting duties.
- You develop incredible empathy for each other! Both of you are equally exhausted. Both of you are equally sharing parenting duties. You short circuit the "I do EVERYTHING" arguments. Both parents agree to be equally responsible and participate! What else could exhausted parents of a newborn want?
Kid-Centric parenting is an incredible way to deepen your intimacy with your spouse and create a lifelong parenting plan that helps you to feel supported.