Three ways to rock your single status in 2013!
How many times have you felt utterly lost or breathless when a relationship ended? Rarely do we look at being single as an opportunity to fall in love again … with ourselves. In fact, time away from a relationship is crucial for your mental health and your identity. In order to love someone else, you must love and get to know yourself again.
Although it hurts, although the thought of belonging to someone and feeling needed is amazing, it may mask what you really want from life. So get reacquainted with your single self. Here's how:
1. Volunteer. Not only is volunteering a great way to help others, but it's also a great way to rediscover new passions. Not to mention, it's a great way to meet new people.
2. Get in shape mentally and physically. Get yourself together. Before you're healthy enough to get caught up in another romance, get your head and body in order. By getting yourself in shape, mentally and physically, you ensure that your confidence is at its highest, making you irresistible to others, including the new partner you will surely attract.
Besides, you want clear head space. You need that. Your baggage will only bring down and hinder any chances you have at future happiness. Likewise, if you exercise regularly, you will look and feel your best, which once again, makes you irresistible in the near future.
3. Experience something new. If you can afford to splurge, travel to some place new. Sometimes, new experiences help you gain perspective and insight into old problems. If you can't travel, start a new hobby. Change your old routine. Try a new food experience. Bottom line, get out of your same old routine.
As the saying goes, if you do the same old thing, you're going to get the same result. Step out of the negativity surrounding your breakup. Embrace the fact that you're able to achieve more undeterred by the concerns of your old relationship and start enjoying life. New love will come around before you know it.
More breakup advice from YourTango:
- 5 Breakup Myths That Are Total BS
- Was Your Ex Literally The Worst? 5 Ways You Can Bounce Back
- 10 Secrets Guaranteed To Help You Move The H*ll On From Your Ex