Are you and your honey in desperate need of a romantic getaway?
Whether you're single or in a relationship, you probably enjoy getting away from it all once in a while. Everyone benefits both physically and mentally from leaving the stressors at home and in the workplace.
The body and mind recharge in the relaxed state most vacations bring. Often, when an excursion away from home ends, any sadness over its conclusion isn't about leaving the vacation destination as much as it is about returning to "normal," which usually means stress.
For romantically involved couples, however, getting away offers much more than physical and mental perks. It is therapeutic for the relationship as a whole, and can even save the marriage or partnership in the long run. Here are three reasons why getting away is essential for couples:
1. You need to talk. Often, long-term couples begin to live quiet, parallel lives. Busy schedules, time apart and silent rituals like watching television can tear relationships apart. Bonds weaken because all couples must communicate to feel connected. If You Do These 10 Things You're Headed Toward Lasting Love (Yay!)
For couples, getting away together is an opportunity to get to know each other again. There is ample, uninterrupted time to laugh, dream and share feelings — all in a positive setting that encourages healthy exchange of thoughts. And, the improved communication is a souvenir that partners can take home with them.
2. You need to touch. No matter how hard two people may desire to make time for romance and "couple time," life often interrupts. Making time for physical intimacy is essential to a healthy, strong relationship.
People need to feel loved, attractive and desired by their mates. It boosts self-esteem and increases mood overall, providing healthy, happy partners to keep the relationship strong.
Whether it's a weekend getaway or a lengthier vacation, a couple can count on having romantic time away during their trip, without distraction or interference. It's a chance to fall in love all over again.
- 9 Things Super Happy Couples Talk About
- Rise Of The Unmarrieds: A Look at Happily Unwed Couples
- 8 Clever Relationship Hacks Happy Couples Use (And You Should Too)