It's all about quality vs. quantity when dating at a later age
As a dating and relationship coach, my favorite question is "where can I find good men?" I have entertained this question many times and have found the real question to be, "where can I find a guy convenient to where I live and work within the time and distance requirements that I would prefer and who fits all of my criteria I have listed on my checklist?" This may sound funny or sarcastic but generally this is the underlying intention behind the original question. We have become such a "microwavable" society that we expect things to happen at our own convenience and become frustrated when they don’t turn out that way. I think that online dating, although very well intended and other forms of social media, may have contributed to our own sense of laziness; making us want to have it all in finding a mate and not even having to get out of our comfort zone (or bunny slippers) to find him. Then when you couple this with being in your 30s and beyond, you have a recipe for being single for a very long time.
Online dating is still a great way to date but I’ve decided to list my top 5 quality places to meet men offline. There are literally hundreds of places I could mention here but I thought I would give you the best places I’ve found that people can meet, particularly over the age of 30.
1. Charities and fundraising events:This is the best way to meet people and one of the ways that is close to my heart. Not only are you helping people, or serving the community for some worthy cause, but you’re getting your face out there so men can see you. If you don’t have any great ideas about charities to participate in or don’t know about any fundraising events, join a religious or community oriented group that has specific goals towards community outreach. Even if you don’t meet a potential mate, you’ll feel better about yourself. I believe when you are doing good for other people, God or the universe will reward you accordingly.
2. Salsa dancing or partner oriented dances:This is one of my second best ways to meet people because men have to ask you to dance. They have to make an effort to approach you, initiate conversation and escort you to the dance floor. The other thing I love about partner oriented dances is that men generally have to take the lead. This is a very romantic, yet traditional way of dating. Not to mention salsa dancing is very sensual and sexy! Why not put on a pretty dress, stick a flower in your hair, put on some cute shoes and shake your buns!
3. Business conferences/seminars/workshops: This is another great way to meet people because generally people come alone and will be more open minded to getting to know others as compared to festivals or other events where they tend to travel in groups. You also have common interests to share and discuss in between sessions. One tip is to stay away from late night events where the men may get a little too frisky and you find yourself in a compromising position with someone you just met. Keep Reading...
More dating advice from YourTango:
- 25 Date Night Ideas That Aren't Cheesy
- The Best Relationship Advice On YourTango
- 10 Dating Tips I Wish I'd Followed While I Was Single