All the right moves may actually be wrong.
Relationship advice for men is often run-of-the-mill. Articles talk about communication, listening skills, and how to be better in bed (one worded hint: clitoris). But what much relationship advice for men is lacking are the non-generalities, the hidden reasons women may be walking away.
In truth, there may be as many reasons for your failure with women as there are stars in sky. Women aren't always overtly complicated, but they often do know what they want, and what they don't. When they see the latter, they're not afraid to leave.
We may see their reasons for leaving as irrational —I once had a girl break up with me because I wouldn't watch the season finale of Grey's Anatomy — but their reasons make sense to them. And, since they're the ones doing the leaving, that's really all that matters.
So, what is the relationship advice for men that I have to offer? Well it involves realizing five things that make you repel women, even though they seem like no big deal.
- Not wearing a seatbelt: Really, if you're not wearing a seatbelt you're not only unattractive to women but you're also an idiot. Failure to wear a seatbelt shows that you are wreckless, and unconcerned for your own safety. Women don't like that. It makes them assume that you'll also be wreckless with their heart.
- Not offering to pay for dinner: This can be filed under "Tricky Relationship Advice for Men." The reason I say this is because some women are offended by the man who pays for meals. But, you still need to offer. Not offering gives the impression that you're really not all that interested in her.
- Being too goofy: Women love goofy. They really do. But, too much goofiness — particularly in the form of self-deprecation — comes across as though you're lacking self-confidence. This turns women off like a switch. This doesn't mean you can't make fun of yourself, but give yourself some props as well.
- Dressing too nicely: On a date you want to dress to impress: holey t-shirts and jeans down to your knees will all but assure you're Macauley Culkin: you're going Home Alone. But dressing in a three piece suit complete with cufflinks shows that you're trying too hard. So, split the difference: keep the Armani in the closet, and go with Old Navy instead.
- Throwing your money around: Like dressing too nicely, throwing your money around comes with a hint of desperation: once women get a wiff, they're not likey to bite. Women like to be given gifts and doted upon, but there can be too much of a good thing. This is particularly true if you're either on a first date, or not actually dating a Kardashian.
To get more relationship advice for men, click here.