"How many guys have you slept with?” First of all, do you really want to know?
Here is a relationship list that will help men avoid sticky situations with their ladies!
1. “Can I kiss you?”
Ask any woman and she will tell you; a man should never “ask” for a kiss. Asking for a kiss goes against everything a woman is looking for in a man. You may as well just tell her right there that you are a boy. Her answer might be “yes” if she’s being polite, but her attraction meter on the inside will read a firm, “no!”
2. “They both look the same to me.” We understand you could care a lot less than we do about the outfits we’re asking you to compare. But they can’t possibly look exactly the same, or we wouldn’t be asking you. Give us something. Anything. Mentally roll the dice and pick one, so we don’t worry about your vision—or worse, that you don’t care. Women can be dramatic, and if we don’t hear what we want, this could potentially put a damper on our evening together. Pathetic, but true.
3. “Relax.” When you say “Relax,” what we hear is that you think that we’re being irrational over nothing, and this makes us do anything but relax.
4. “You’re acting just like my ex-girlfriend.” Eeek! Never say this! An ex should be mentioned sparingly, and never in comparison. Why would we want to remind you of a person you broke up with? And come to mention it, why are youthinking about her? You see the slippery slope. We want you to treat us as individuals, not the mistake you left behind!
5. “How many guys have you slept with?”
First of all, do you really want to know? Why do people continue to ask this question to each other? No one is telling the truth anyways, so why bother? Second of all, again you are showing insecurity, especially if you ask this in the beginning. Sure, if she asks you first, go ahead. But trust me, you don’t want to be the one to start the conversation. You can only lose.
6.”I left you a message the other day, but didn’t hear back. What happened?”
This might be the most common mistake guys make after not hearing back from a woman, and while it sounds trivial, it is a big one. If you mention an un-returned message to a woman you are doing two things: 1. Showing that you care that she didn’t return it. (Hint: If you just met a woman it is too soon to care!); and 2. Giving her a guilt trip, which women see as insecurity.
7.”Do you like me?”
Some women love this! I personally cringe when I hear it! It screams needy! Stage 5 clinger! Asking a woman a question like this is the opposite of being confident. So don’t ask, just assume she likes you, and go from there.
8. “I’ll call you Friday”
Ending a phone conversation with a “next step” is a good technique if you’re already in a secure relationship, but not when you first start talking to a woman. First of all, you are killing any spontaneity by being predictable. Second, you are also killing any chances of her calling you, as she has to now wait for your call or risk looking desperate. Not good. Trust me if you tell a woman you will call her on a certain day, she will NEVER EVER jump the gun and call you first…she will wait and wait by the phone until you call. So if you’re in the beginning stages of…does she like me? You will never know with this closing statement.
9.”What do you want to do tonight?
“It’s up to you.” (A.K.A. “Whatever you want to do is fine with me.”)
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had men say this to me. Not only, is it annoying, but a TURN OFF! Unfortunately, for guys, women hold you on a high pedestal. We have high expectations for you! I’m not saying it’s fair, but it’s the truth. There is a saying that a woman likes a “man with a plan,” and it is absolutely true. When you call a woman to hang out, make sure you have a game plan. Don’t put the burden on her or she won’t see you as the type of guy who can show her a good time. Although we expect men to take the lead, after approximately three dates, that should be the woman’s turn to not only plan, but to pay. Don’t let her get away “scott free”, because this will set an unbalanced preseedence for the rest of your relationship.
10. Anything bad about her guy friends
One of the ways a woman marks a guy as “insecure” the fastest is if he starts dissing her guy friends, especially if he hasn’t met them and doesn’t know her very well. Here’s the deal: Even if they are more than friends, you are only making yourself look like you are scared of competition from them, which to a woman screams “insecurity.” Try and stay open-minded about her friend that is if you really like her. Remember they were around before you, and most likely will be providing her with an opinion once they meet you; which she will take into heavy consideration!