You don't need diet pills and fat burn supplements to burn body fat and build a lean body. These pills and supplements either do not work or will only give you a short-term boost at best. Your health could be at stake.
Here are 7 things that work better than diet pills and fat burn supplements to shape your body leaner and meaner:
More from YourTango: Why Your Next Diet Should be a Fat Loss Diet
1. Build a healthy body with a long-term commitment to healthy eating, regular workouts and healthy lifestyle choices. That's the bottom line. Get started with the intent to never stop. This gives you the best chance to live a longer, healthier life.
2. Make frequent changes to your workout program. Here are some examples:
---vary the workout intensity, repetitions and rest periods
---change the duration of your workouts
---change your exercise routine (try new exercises) every 1-2 weeks
---use different methods such as supersets, circuits and blasts
---use very little machine weight exercises and cardio machine routines (machines do too much work for you)
You don't have to workout for hours per session to get huge fat loss results. Shorten your weight training workouts to 50 minutes or less and ramp up the intensity. Shorten your interval cardio workouts to 20 minutes. Research has proven that short bursts are very effective fat burners.
Do as many compound strength exercises (with weights or bodyweight) standing up as possible. These types of exercises work major muscle groups and many times are full-body strength exercises. Squats, deadlift, lunges, standing bentover rows, squat-to curl-to press and bench press are great examples. Full-body core exercises like planks and side planks work well also. Spend less time posing on "mirror exercises" like bicep curls, calf raises and tricep extensions.
3. Shorten and intensify your interval cardio workout. Too many long, slow cardio sessions wastes time and eats away at your muscle mass. Short, intense interval cardio sessions also burn more fat and calories during and after your workout.
Some examples of good interval cardio exercises are:
--sprints on the ground (flat or incline)
4. Make needed changes to your eating habits. Its possible to have layers of fat on top of your muscles. Eat whole, natural foods. And, track your calories in a journal until you have a good idea of how you need to eat to burn fat.
Don't ruin great workouts by eating bad food with a million calories.
More from YourTango: 4 Tips To Get Your Body Lean and Toned This Summer
It will be easier to eat right if you plan your meals for the week. And, instead of eating out during the day, pack your food. This will protect you from binge eating and haphazard eating (i.e. grazing).
5. Take your fat loss to a higher level with jump (plyometric) exercises and workouts.