Stop your weight cycling (yo-yo weight loss and regain) habit and start transforming your body. Going in circles is hard on both your mind and body. You get fatter with each cycle. Start transforming your body by burning fat and inches and losing weight. Make your body lean and healthy.
According to a Medicinenet.com article, "Weight Cycling ... Facts About "Yo-Yo" Dieting," Weight cycling is the repeated loss and regain of body weight. When weight cycling is the result of dieting, it is often called "yo-yo" dieting. A weight cycle can range from small weight losses and gains (5-10 lbs. per cycle) to large changes in weight (50 lbs. or more per cycle).
Some research links weight cycling with certain health risks. To avoid potential risks, most experts recommend that obese adults adopt healthy eating and regular physical activity habits to achieve and maintain a healthier weight for life. Non-obese adults should try to maintain their weight through healthy eating and regular physical activity.
Some studies suggest that weight cycling may increase the risk for certain health problems. These include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and gallbladder disease. 10 Reasons Quick Weight Loss Diets Leave You Fatter
Here are 15 Fat Loss Tips to help you prevent yo-yo weight loss and regain:
1. Make a commitment to a lifetime of fitness. This commitment trumps all other fitness commitments. Without it, you will always fall prey to the inevitable obstacles and pitfalls along the way.
2. Be willing to change your eating habits! Since you must eat to survive, get ready to change. Get rid of the fad diets. Start planning your own meals using a mix of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. Ladies, Here's How To Seduce Your Man With Delicious Food
3. You must change your body's composition! You must increase muscle mass to become a "fat-burning machine." You don't need to be a body builder but you need to replace the fat (to an acceptable body fat percentage) on your body with muscle mass.
4. You must do more than cardio exercise to change your body's composition. "Cardio only" will not lean out your body. Too much cardio will waste away your muscle mass.
5. Make a commitment to full-body strength training. Among other things, it builds muscle mass, speeds up your metabolism (the body has to work harder to maintain muscle) and helps improve your bone density. And, you'll look great!
6. If you severely limit candy, donuts, cookies, sugary drinks, calorie-packed desserts and other sugary products (while continuing to exercise), you will burn belly fat and lose weight. 3 Steps To Getting A Curvier, Sexier & More Toned Body!
7. Walk as much as possible (i.e., stay active during the day), exercise 4-5 days a week, stay with your meal plan at least 90% of the time and you will burn fat and lose weight.
8. If you don't replace bad foods (like sugary foods) with good foods like fresh fruits, you will probably continue to eat massive amounts of sugary foods. Try the replacement method — it works.