Find out the 5 top reasons why you are stuck and expect to be surprised.
So you have been married for many years and you now find yourself in your late 40s and 50s in the unexpected situation of getting a divorce. When you got married you probably thought that this would be forever, and now you probably find yourself, hurt, angry and probably a bit stunned.
I have a couple of clients in at this age who find themselves somewhat lost, somewhat bewildered - with their dreams of a perceived “stable” future as a pipe dream.
But what I tell them is that this is the start of a new chapter – a fresh start. Of course it’s daunting, anything that feels new can feel that way. However it doesn’t have to be that way. A fresh start can be exciting and the opportunity to get to know yourself better, an opportunity to do all the things you didn’t get to do when you were in the relationship, and better still, an opportunity to regain your confidence and build yourself into a stronger person. As the old adage says – what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
To find out how to unstick yourself download your *FREE* copy of Goodbye Mr Ex - A Woman's Guide To Moving On.
I have found the following 5 tips to really help my clients get a second wind and use this time to
1) Look after yourself and nurture yourself either with healthy and nutritious foods such as fresh greens along with the essential intake of proteins. Avoid sugary foods as they will make you feel worse in the long run because they exaggerate the highs and lows you are currently feeling.
2) Get the right support around you. Asking for help if you feel that you cannot do it on your own is not a sign of weakness, it’s a sign of courage. There are experts out there who can help you, and there are workshops out there that will give you the insights you need to make your journey of moving forward easier and smoother. Why struggle when you don’t have to?
3) Take some quiet time out for you. Go do some exercise or practice yoga. Pain gets trapped in the body, and in order for you to feel better, its important to move and stretch and breathe properly. Make sure you are breathing from your diaphragm, this will help accelerate your sense of relaxation and protect your immune system that is essential to keep yourself healthy.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- 5 Steps To Successfully Date Again After Divorce
- Where is Mr. Right Now That You Are Divorced And Dating
- YourTango For The Best Breakup And Divorce Advice