Online dating is now the most popular way to meet new people. What once had the stigma of being questionable or even scary, is now the norm. If you are dating, or looking to date, chances are very high you are online, or thinking you should be. What stands between you and online dating success? Writing a winning profile. Below are my top five tips to online profiles that work.
1. Get your tag line right. I know it’s hard to encapsulate your entire essence in two or three catchy sentences - but you’ve got to do it, so don’t rush through it as a second thought after spending hours on the rest of the details. It needs to be catchy, especially to the people you hope will notice, so if you are a woman looking for a man, this is not the place to talk about long walks on the beach. It’s more like the place to mention adventure. If you’re a man looking for a woman, your tag line might not be the place to say you’re looking for a tailgating buddy.
2. Be honest and be real. Women are most likely to fib on age and weight. Men are most likely to fib on age and income level. It goes beyond that though. People stretch the truth on things they like, trying to anticipate what someone might want to hear or come off as a smidgen more interesting.
3. All of that said, for the love of God, please be interesting! Sell yourself. Whether you like it or not you are in fact advertising, and the competition is stiff. This is not the time to pitch yourself as solidly so, so. This is the time to sell yourself in all of your uniqueness. Use humor, be bold, and think fun. Yes, sex sells, but fun sells faster.
4. Get good pictures taken. The difference between a hot chick on Match and a Plain Jane, is usually the photographer. If you can’t afford professional shots get someone who loves you to take your pictures. The camera will see you the way they do. Do NOT post glamour shots - you know the ones, that are intended to make you look like someone else. DO post only good pictures. If you are wondering get your best friend to help you pick them out.
5. About your date... Open up your criteria a little bit. Sure, you want to date a surfer model type. However, when you are creating the “About Your Date” portion of your profile, open it up as much as possible. That way you can do the picking and a computer won’t be eliminating options for you. I’m not suggestion you date men without jobs. I am suggestion that tall dark and handsome is just as sexy as surfer boy.
Lisa Hayes C.Ht. is the Love Whisperer. She is a Law of Attraction Relationship Coach and author of The Passion Plan and Escape from Relationship Hell. She specializes in helping people get the love they want, no matter where they are in their lives. You can find her at her digit home, www.lisamhayes.com. Get her free audio, How to Talk to a Man, HERE.