Feeling out of control of your life? Learn how you give your power away daily and how to avoid it.
As women, we are experts at one thing that permeates every aspect of our lives and that is giving our power away.
Most little girls are brought up to: keep it together; let it go; don't make waves and be nice to everyone. But the issues we deal with as adult women rely on our inner power and this programming is what contributes to the destruction of this power.
Inner power is what guides us, as women, to live and breathe the life we want with the family ties; relationships; career, mental, emotional and physical health and a purpose. We seek it our entire lives and rarely locate it until we're in our late 40's or 50's. Learning how we give it away daily is the first step to keeping it, building it and using it as intended.
Here, l share five of the mistakes we make and will go into more detail and how to avoid each one in additional articles focusing on each mistake individually.
5 Mistakes We Make As Women That Give Our Power Away
- Feeling Obligated To Share Our Body - We often feel obligated to share our body (for various reasons) before we're entirely ready. This is destructive to our self-esteem and it's a very delicate issue to locate and repair later in life when relationships consistently fail.
- Failure To Establish And Enforce Personal Boundaries - Without clarity of knowing what is acceptable and unacceptable to us, as women, we can never be truly happy and may never be treated in a way that feeds our passion and purpose. Once we determine our boundaries we must enforce them and this can be tedious.
- Failing To Recognize Our True Value - As young girls and women, we compare ourselves to others in an attempt to fit in or be like everyone else - the only thing we can never be, which immediately sets us up for failure. Recognizing our inherent value, without being thin or beautiful or helping everyone else is VITAL to keeping our power!
- Failing To Recognize The Most Important Relationship In Our Life - The relationship we have with our self is the most important human relationship of our life and the one that makes or breaks us, usually breaking us in some way. We seek relationships with others for comfort, companionship and acceptance but rarely have a truly healthy relationship with our self.
- Failing To Set Up Our Life As A Winnable Game - Anything in life can be made into a winnable game but most of us play our life with the wrong rules or no rules at all, just a desired outcome of finding success in relationships, career and family. The lack of rules to our game speaks volumes about ultimate failure.
There are simple, empowering solutions to correct and avoid these mistakes and teach young women and girls how to nurture their inner power so they can be better prepared to become women with healthy self-esteem.
Kelly Rudolph is a Certified Life Coach, Hypnotherapist and Founder of www.PositiveWomenRock.com. Are you tired of stress, lack of confidence and fear about your future? Kelly can help. Begin getting her free Life Strategies now.
This article was originally published at http://www.EzineArticles.com. Reprinted with permission from the author.