Challenge #16: Ask not what your bedroom can do for you, but what you can do for your bedroom.
Many of us are focused on self-growth and self-reflection when it comes to enhancing our sex lives — and there's nothing wrong with that! But most of us aren't even aware of the importance that our environment plays in having a better sex life. Sadly, we often neglect the place where most of the action takes place: the bedroom.
Have you really looked at your bedroom lately? Go ahead, give it a once-over. Does it invite intimacy? Is it comfortable? Does it feel like your sanctuary?
Or could it use some improvement?
Below are some totally doable tips for creating a bedroom that will not only enhance your sex life, but become a refuge from the stress of daily life, too.
1. Sexy to the touch. A cozy comforter makes you want to slip into bed, and soft sheets complete the experience. Remember, only a few throw pillows ... you don't want to ruin the romantic moment by doing manual labor to clear yourselves a spot on the bed! Plush carpeting is always nice, but if your budget is an issue, a soft and furry throw rug creates a comfy landing for your feet ... or for the both of you, in case the mood strikes before you make it to the mattress.
2. Pleasing to the eye. Most importantly, clean and unclutter your bedroom. By doing this, the possibilities are endless for decorating and accessorizing your room to make it a sexier haven. The allure of the bedroom is truly enhanced by the color you choose for the walls. Visit your paint store and ask for suggestions. Lighting is everything, so to enhance the effect, forget bright lights, and transcend the space to a warm glow with dimmed table lamps, wall sconces, or candles. Choose wall hangings or pictures that are sensual and/or soothing — no photos of your kids, or your mom and dad staring at you!
3. Sweet in scent. A freshly showered partner can be a turn-on for some, and for others, there's simply nothing sexier than your partner wearing the perfect cologne or perfume. If cologne or perfume aren't your thing, opt for some incense or scented candles that can quickly activate your desire. For some, opening the window and letting fresh air into the room is all that’s needed to set the stage for intimacy.
4. Music to the ears. Music is an important component that can send you to a place where your cares are gone and your partner is your prime focus. Soft background music or even a favorite album that you remember playing at the beginning of your relationship is all that it takes. Remember, music to your partner’s ears can also be your own voice saying "I love you."
5. Pleasing to the palate. Known by the Greeks as the "food of the Gods," one of the top natural aphrodisiacs for men and women is dark chocolate. It contains two key ingredients that increase desire and heighten sexual arousal. You don’t even have to worry about the calories because all of the activity under the sheets will burn those instantly! If you don’t like chocolate, find something that appeals to the both of you. It doesn’t matter what you eat, it’s the act of feeding each other that can be sexy and exciting.
We’re all different, so use these tips as ideas to create your sexy bedroom ... the place where you’re dying to go to for love, sex, and connection.
GO FURTHER TOGETHER WITH MORE SPARKS AT DUREXUSA.COM/GETCLOSERGOFURTHER
Learn more about the Liberating Side of Being Together: