Modern schedules tend to be pretty insane. All seven days filled to the brim with working, house chores, errands and social time. So I am advocating for at least one "Sexy Sunday" to be reclaimed each month for couples to reconnect with sensuality, intimacy and sexy romps!
If you have kids you’ll have to make an extra effort, but it will be worth it. If they’re young kids then maybe you can arrange a "Sunday Swap" with another couple, to take the kids for a Saturday night sleep over once a month or to come get them Sunday morning for a day of playtime. That kind of babysitting exchange could be a saving grace for all of the parents involved!
With the house empty you can now dive into your relaxing with gusto! Well, with sensual gusto. There are a lot of ways to celebrate a "Sexy Sunday."
1. Do you naturally wake up early? Then roll-over, snuggle up and go back to sleep? When our lives are busy sleep becomes a merely functional activity. When you have the chance to nap for pleasure, then let your bodies wrap around each other more than usual. Take some clothes off (or all your clothes off) and nap naked. Even better, if you wake up early, have some hot sleepy sex and then when you’re wiped out, you can fall right back to sleep.
2. Be Naked! Not just in bed, but when you’re having breakfast or watching TV. Walking around naked in a way that isn’t explicitly for sex can have some bonus effects. One, it’s easier to feel more comfortable naked when it’s a more natural experience. Two, already being naked makes it really easy to act on any sexual urges!
3. Turn the TV off! At least for part of the day. Don’t zone out in front of the boob-tube for too long. While it can be great to veg-out together and watch movies, or catch up on your favorite show, or even just watch "trashy" shows you’d never bother with. It can be a great way to be low-key and just physically be together. But be sure you make space to connect emotionally too. Keep Reading...
More sex advice from YourTango:
- 7 Sex Positions Men Love
- The Best Sex Position For Female Orgasm [VIDEO]
- Sex Advice: Tips & Education
4. "Sexy Sunday" isn’t just about having a lot of sex. In fact it doesn’t even have to be about "having" sex. There are a lot of ways to connect as a couple that will keep the sexy energy going. Read erotica to each other. Give each other foot rubs. Take a shower together. Go to a movie and make-out in the back row. Take a long walk and share your fantasies, whether they’re about sex or generally about life. Touch each other. Look into each others eyes so you can slow down and really see each other.
Even if you can’t take the whole day off or have the day to yourselves, commit to find a chunk of time once a month (at the very least) that you can focus on being a "couple" no matter what else is going on in your life. It doesn’t have to be a Sunday, choose whatever works with your schedule. However you do it, make time for sexual connection!