Can't stop checking your online dating profile? There's a cure for that.
Having an online or digital pen pal isn't new. It's been a thing since the days of online chat rooms — before Match.com, OkCupid, and eHarmony became household names. Whether you're expanding your options, just looking or shy about your appearance, refusing to take the relationship offline can be detrimental to your dating success. You might even end up suffering from online dating fatigue.
Here are 5 ways to know if you're suffering from digital pen pal syndrome:
1. You log on daily and flirt but don't take the time to fully read anyone's profile or send an email.
2. You write back to potential suitors, but never make a phone date or schedule a time to meet in person.
3. You believe chatting daily with someone outside of your geographical area automatically means you're in a relationship.
4. You contact the same person to check in every few weeks, but never allow the relationship to progress.
5. You claim you're not technology savvy and don't understand how to use Skype or FaceTime to take your digital relationship to the next level. Keep reading...
More online dating advice from YourTango
- 5 Important Tips For Online Dating Success
- 3 Essential Tips For Online Dating
- Online Dating Tips for Single Men