How to date smarter to finally meet the man you've been longing for.
There are literally dozens of online dating sites. If you've been single anytime in the past decade, you've probably even tried a few. Some even claim that they can match you up with your "perfect dream partner." Ladies, You Need To Watch Out For These Online Dating Red Flags
Guess what? I don't believe it can be done! Many sites, even those using fancy algorithms to match you with your soul mate can help you meet and date dozens of people, if that's all you want. They can even land you a warm body you may believe is your life partner but chances are, you still won't find the right person for you.
Why? Chances are if the right person was standing right next to you, you might not even notice them. Why, again, you ask? Simple. You may not know yourself well enough to know who you are let alone who you is right for you. Most people are too busy running around trying to be "the person they think everyone else wants them to be" to know who and what kind of relationship would work best for them. 5 Ways We Sabotage Our Relationships
Therefore, as I design my dating program and get ready to launch it soon, I realize that some people might be confused regarding the goals of dating smarter.
As I see it, the primary problem with dating these days is that we haven't learned the skills necessary to differentiate between the pitfalls of casual encounters and great matches. We haven't learned the process of developing skills that can lead to a healthy, long-term relationship.
This is not another "match" program. This is about finding and knowing your true self so that as you venture into the vast wilderness that is the dating world you can be properly prepared to date smarter. Why You Can't Change The One You Love
It is my goal for participants in my program to be better prepared for dating. I'd like them to figure out more quickly who might be a good match for them. I will train people with tips, techniques and insights into themselves that will ensure their success in choosing better potential mates more wisely.
In order to be successful in finding the right person, you have to learn how to be the "best person you can be." You must be honest about who that is and who you want to share your life with. Many are running around pretending to be the best person someone else might want. These people are continually disappointed and ultimately become disillusioned with the dating scene when it doesn't work out. 3 Reasons Why Reality Is Better Than Fantasy
Here are five tips to help you find your ideal match:
1. You have to be honest about who you are. Understand what you can bring to the table. What are your strengths and weaknesses in relationships?
2. You have to be honest about what kind of person you want to date. Figure out what your priorities are. What is important to you? Physical attraction? Intellect? Spiritual beliefs? Financial security?
3. You have to be clear about what kind of relationship you want to have. Figure out who you would like to be with. Do you want to be a "do-it-all-together" couple or an "independent-meet-up-with-you-here-and-there" kind of couple? What kind of social life do you want to share? What kind of intimacy do you want to share?
4. You have to have clear and respectful boundaries in your relationships. Ask yourself how you want to treat each other in your ideal relationship?
5. You have to be patient. Settling for less than you deserve or less than will make you happy won't make you happy in the long run. This isn't fair to the other person either.
My program will help you arrive at your core dating values, learn how to be genuine and true to those values, and how to identify whether those qualities are present in others you might want to date.
Everyone has the right to be who they are and find someone who loves them just the way they are. With Date Smarter, you'll learn how and when to let them go if you do date stupid and how to find someone who suits you better and appreciates you just the way you are. 8 Weeks Toward Dating Smarter
For more advice on how to find your ideal match, visit my website by clicking here.
Got questions about online dating? Tune in next week when YourTango Experts presents Online Dating Bootcamp, a 14-day intensive about online dating featuring articles from your favorite YourTango Experts, including Joe Amoia, Laurie Davis, Rick Clemons, Larry Cappel, Julianne Canatrella and many more!
To Read More Great Advice On Dating:
- What Is Mobile Dating? Should I Try It?
- 7 Signs He Wants To Kiss You Right. This. Second.
- Online Dating In The Toad Kingdom