Tips on how to dating someone from another country, no passport required.
In this chaotic world, dating someone from a country other than your own can be a real adventure. The fascination begins with his sexy accent or the way he mangles your native language. Perhaps he is more passionate than the local men, and he really treats you like a princess. But there are cultural differences to be aware of.
For example, answers should be pondered to such questions as: Why will a Spanish man rather have you in his car rather than take you home? Why will an American guy take three days to call to ask you out? Why you should play hard to get with a Frenchman and are Italian men really the best lovers?
Through my extensive dating experience and many years living abroad, I have learned that even though we do not want to generalize men (lest we be accused of stereotyping) there are some important cultural differences. Knowing these differences not only makes life easier for you as a woman, but also for him.
Here are some of my favorite types of men I have dated:
1. American. American men can be great to go out with because they actually take a girl on a proper date. This is ingrained in their culture. An American date does not only consist of going to the pub to drink copious amounts of alcohol and then back to his place. Even though he would of course like an all-night romp, he will feed you first. The one thing that is important to know when dating an American, especially if he is under 30, is the three-day rule. It is prevalent in the States. Even if a guy really likes a girl, he will wait three days to call. The reason for this is that he doesn't want to look "too keen."
2. Dutch You know if you ask them a question they will always give you an honest answer. Be careful with this, if asking "Do I look fat?" They are less traditional than the Americans and that if you do go out with a Dutchman, make sure you have your purse. More than likely you will be paying half. There is a reason the saying 'going Dutch' exists. Women in the Netherlands are very independent.
3. Spanish. Most Spanish men live with their mums until they are about 30. That is why you should not be surprised when you go out with a Spaniard and he wants to make-out in the car. Although they may come across as pushy, this is just a passionate characteristic these men possess. Spanish men are the opposite of American men — he will call you the next day. Sometimes depending on when you met them, a couple hours after.
4. French. French men physically and mentally arouse you with their suave lines and passion for life. But what is important to know is that if you truly like a Frenchman, play hard to get. Definitely do not sleep with him the first night if you want to make the story last. The chase is over for him. You should dress classy and not wear too much make-up. Frenchmen can enjoy good food and drinks with style and are always able to carry on a conversation about worldly issues. Keep reading ...
More dating advice from YourTango:
- The Secret To Successful Online Dating
- 7 Signs He Wants To Kiss You Right. This. Second.
- Ladies, You Need To Watch Out For These Online Dating Red Flags