In the latest Fifty Shades news, fans are already counting the days until the Fifty Shades of Grey movie is released on February 13, 2015, which stars Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan, Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman. The trailer has already been released, and you can watch it here.
Many fans of the Fifty Shades trilogy have already been snatching up the official Fifty Shades sexual items, but there are some things that you may not know about these popular products, such as the difference between U.S. lubricants versus the U.K. versions, changes being made to an existing Fifty Shades product and six new products that are being released in late August which includes a USB rechargeable vibrator.
Ten things you may not know about the Fifty Shades Sexual Products:
- These sensual products are described in the books and have come from fantasy to reality through the Fifty Shades of Grey Official Pleasure Collection and Fifty Shades of Grey Sensual Care Collection approved by author E. L. James.
- Products that were first released were those found in the official Fifty Shades Pleasure Collection which includes vibrators, Kegel balls, whips, restraints, blindfolds, ben wa balls, nipple clamps, anal beads, a butt plug, a feather teaser, a cock-ring, a glass dildo, and last but not least the widely known Fifty Shades silver necktie. The second phase of the products came with the Fifty Shades of Grey Sensual Care Collection which features spanking cream, lubricants, sex toy cleaner, stimulating gel, massage oil, bath oil, a massage oil candle, and Fifty Shades condoms.
- There are two Fifty Shades of Grey Party Games by the company Imagination. The Fifty Shades of Grey Party game offers vanilla style questions while the Fifty Shades of Grey Red Room Expansion Pack adds some spice with more risqué questions for party guests.
- The official Fifty Shades products are licensed by the U.K. based sex toy company LoveHoney. It took six figures to license the Fifty Shades products and the company made their investment back within four months of sales.
- The names of the Fifty Shades sex toys and sensual items are inspired by passages from the books such as the We Aim to Please Vibrator, Yours and Mine Vibrating Love Ring, Charlie Tango Vibrating Dildo and the Drive Me Crazy Glass Massage Wand.
- Several of the Fifty Shades of Grey Sensual Care Collection products have a scent that was designed to smell like the character Christian Grey, giving fans an opportunity to know what he smells like. This signature scent has notes of bergamot, sandalwood and musk and has been getting positive feedback from Fifty Shades fans. The scented Fifty Shades items include: the massage oil candle, massage oil, bath oil and spanking cream.
- LoveHoney has submitted BDSM products to be used in the films and may be considered pending E.L. James approval. Music from the Fifty Shades CD will be also used.
- The current Fifty Shades vibrator called Charlie Tango (inspired by the name of the helicopter that Christian Grey owns and pilots) is currently being updated to a newer sleeker version and called the New Charlie Tango. It will be available in a couple weeks.
- Each of the Fifty Shades Official Products has a quote from the books associated with them. For example, the Fifty Shades of Grey Inner Goddess Pleasure Balls, which are silver Kegel balls display the quotation: "I flush from the constant movement of the silver balls. They weigh down inside me, massaging me internally and make me needy, needy for sex. Oh, the sensation is exquisite." — Ana Steele
- There are two different versions of some of the Fifty Shades of Grey Sensual Care Collection products and what you receive depends on where you order them. The U.K. versions of the Fifty Shades Products: Come Alive Pleasure Gel, At Ease Anal Lubricant, Silky Caress Water-based Lubricant and Ready for Anything Lubricant are paraben free, while the U.S. versions contain parabens.
The difference in the two sets of lubricants may be reflective of better European product safety laws that regulate potentially toxic chemicals in consumer products. Parabens are controversial and are thought by many to be toxic. To read more about them see this helpful article about parabens in lubricants.
For those U.S. consumers that wish to avoid parabens but still want the types of lubricants found in the Fifty Shades books can find paraben free lubricants through HolisticWisdom.com. (Where you can receive a FREE Silk Rope Bondage Set with any order over $69 — Use Coupon Code — FIFTYSHADES).
More 50 Shades Of Grey On YourTango:
- 5 Moves Men Should Learn From Christian Grey
- 12 Naughtiest Bits From '50 Shades Darker'
- What Did 'Fifty Shades of Grey's' Author Reveal About The Movie?