‘If we all put our problems into a hat and then picked out of it someone else’s problems, we’d all ask for our own back.’
In this Facebook/Twitter/Social Media world that we live in, it’s easy to get caught up in the game of “compare and despair”. You know what I mean? You see your “friends” (some of them you’ve never even met in person! posting pictures of their amazing vacations)Envy Are you counting other people’s blessings instead of your own? to exotic locales and they have perfect bodies) in itty-bitty bikinis while they’re sitting on the beaches of Bali or something, drinking their perfect drink, cuddling up to their perfect husband. Meanwhile, they are making Beaucoup Bucks in their perfect job or business and life is just grand…
More from YourTango: The First 5 minutes…and beyond.
HA! All you see is the glory, but you don’t know the back story. And believe me, there’s ALWAYS a back story behind others’ perceived (and real) success. There’s way more that meets the eye that’s looking at pictures on Facebook.
More from YourTango: You’re Really NOT Alone
Here’s the deal: what you focus on expands. This is a powerful spiritual Law that’s been written about in all the books of wisdom over the centuries. So if you’re focusing on others’ blessings, and feeling jealousy or not-enough-ness, girl, you need to check yo’self before you wreck yo’self! That can be a BLOCK to living your best life with your soulmate by your side.
Here’s a step-by-step checklist of what to do instead:
- Push AWAY from the computer (after you read this article). Get OFF Facebook and get ON with creating your best life now.
- How to start with creating your best life now? It all begins in your mindset. Get really present with what you ALREADY HAVE in your life to be thankful for and thank your Higher Power for these blessings. Do you have a roof over your head? Clothes in your closet and on your back? Three square meals a day? GREAT! You are better off than most people on this planet. Start with that awareness.
- Start asking yourself better questions. It’s been said that the quality of our lives is determined by the quality of the questions we ask ourselves. Ask better questions, get better answers. Want some examples? Here’s some:
- How do I want to create my day? This is a great question to start your day off with. Use this question to help you plan how you want your day to unfold and what you want to accomplish. Say NO to those situations that come up that would deter you from following your plan.
- How can I be of service? I put this here because getting out of our own headsand into our hearts in service to others is a powerful and simple way to remember what really matters in life.
- What must I become to manifest my highest and best vision for my life?