Can one a day really make a difference in your health?
What Is A Multivitamin?
A multivitamin is a dietary supplement prepared with dietary minerals, vitamins and other rich nutritional elements. Some of these preparations are available in the form of pastilles, capsules, tablets, liquids, powders etc.
Why Do You Need It?
Multivitamins are good for your body. They have a lot of health benefits. It is highly recommended for adults, pregnant women, and people with restrictive diets, or dietary imbalances, or those that are unable to eat nutritious diets. However, they must be prescribed by a physician or health care professional.
Pregnant women are expected to take at least 10ug of Vitamin D everyday all through their periods of pregnancy, especially during the first trimester (first three months) and during breast feeding. Some people may need to take vitamin C, iron, and calcium supplement, but only at the advice of a physician.
Types Of Multivitamins:
We are going to discuss three essential types of multivitamins, namely tablets, capsules and liquids. Let us look at them one after the other.
- Supplements: They are very necessary in warding off one's ill health. Some major studies say that they don't have much benefit on your health. According to a recent study of 8,000 people in the U.S., it was discovered that those taking tablets are likely to develop heart disease or cancer over a period of time. While some researchers believe that these multivitamin like Ultra Herbal Multi Vitamin for Her and Ultra Herbal Multi Vitamin for Him will safeguard them from contacting deadly diseases like strokes, heart attacks and Alzheimer's disease. Over the years, the use of tablets has been seen as the easiest way of topping one's nutritional level, while some studies also suggests that they could actually be dangerous to health. These two studies conflict each other.
- Capsules: If you go to the market, you will see a lot of capsules. Some of them were produced for specific genders and age groups (the exact age varies from one manufacturer to another). While some are formulated to help people achieve specific objectives like health or beauty goals. There are some that are recommended for people who wish to lose weight. Others are formulated for those who are trying to enhance the appearance of their skin, hair and nails. Most times, capsules are meant to be taken every day.
- Liquids: Liquids are most preferred by thousands of people from children to adults, because they can be swallowed easily. Sometimes you discover that multivitamins in the form of tablets or capsules are more difficult to assimilate and digest. Most liquids have good flavors and are nutritious. Take a look at some of the scientific reviews in the internet, and you will be amazed.
Does It Really Work?
The answer is a resounding "Yes!" It definitely works in terms of providing the essential minerals and vitamins.
What Is The Recommended Dosage?
Ask your doctor or read the manufacturer's prescriptions.
Potential Health Benefits:
To remain alive and active, your bodies need various vitamins and minerals, and each of them has their own benefits. They also have separate roles they play in your body. You are required to take the necessary multivitamins your diet is lacking. The problem is that most people fail to do so. But if you do, it will keep your body intact and free from unforeseen deadly diseases.
Is It Safe?
Assuming you are taking the volume as well as the correct brand that provides the necessary minerals and vitamins the human body is expected to consume for optimal function and health, then it is definitely 100 percent safe.
There is no available research that proves side effects if they are used in this way. But if you are pregnant or a nursing mother, it would be wise to use your doctor's recommendations. However, it is important to note here that a daily multivitamin is the safest supplement on the planet.
It is necessary to take multivitamins with a meal for maximum function. Also, they should be taken at different times of the day, for example one in the morning, and the other at night.
How to choose the best multivitamins
It is always a difficult to choose the best multivitamin; this is where the confusion lies, because there are thousands of multivitamins in the market. Each of them contains various amounts of vitamins and minerals, and all claiming to be the best one.
Some are specifically made for men, some for women, some for those that wish to experience an active lifestyle, some for those above 50 years, or those who have particular health concerns like colon health or heart health or those who need more energy. The list is endless, and every multivitamin is designed to suit one's exact purpose, so figuring out which one is the best becomes a herculean task.
However, you will need to consider five essential factors such as the amount of vitamins, and minerals, the kind of vitamins and minerals, the quality, your specific needs, and finally the price.
Types Of Minerals And Vitamins:
- Vitamins and You: The human body needs thirteen essential vitamins for growth and development. Out of this number, only two are produced by your bodies, namely vitamins D and K. Others are generated from the foods you eat, so your bodies depend on a healthy diet for Vitamins A, C, E, and B, and these include riboflavin, thiamine, biotin, niacin, folate, Vitamin B-6, and Vitamin B-12.
- Minerals and You: The minerals your bodies need are into two categories, namely macro-minerals and trace minerals. The former includes sodium, sulphur, calcium, chloride, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium, and to function effectively. Our bodies need larger quantities of these minerals, while trace minerals are needed in small quantities. Examples are copper, manganese, zinc, iron, cobalt, selenium, fluoride, and iodine. Our diets should include poultry, fish, meats, eggs, nuts, and beans to get these minerals, but you need to talk to your doctor before adding them to your diet.
The question here is, "Do you really need take a multivitamin?" This can be answered in two ways. First, if you are not eating the right diet, then you probably need a multivitamin because the whole essence of a multivitamin is to improve your overall well-being. Secondly, if your diet is actually good, then you don't need to take it, though taking it could still be beneficial.