Learn how to make friends and make time for dating, too!
Do you feel like you spend your entire life doing things for everyone else? Are you constantly doing presentations at work, making dinner, doing laundry and running your kids to soccer practice or ballet class? Sometimes it's just too much! Does a single mom ever get a break?
Don't feel like you have time to date? You've just got to know how to use a little magic. What yo need is to make some new friends that are just like you. Here are some dating tricks for any single mom. You won't need to pull a rabbit out of your hat, but you might want to grab the smartphone out of that cute eco-friendly diaper bag because you're going to need it to call your new friends! Is There Any Way To Ensure A Great First Date?
1. Find cool, single women that have kids close to your kids' age. You find these busy women in the waiting room at gymnastics practice, yoga class or even a PTA meeting; I've even gone on Match.com to find single women. I made good friend on there that is really fun, but her kids are too old for this method. There are many single moms and you've just got to put yourself out there in the women world, so you can put yourself out there in the men world.
2. Arrange the first play-date. It's got to be with you, your cool new friend and the kids to see if everyone clicks. I've found moms that I really liked, but my son said that he didn't really like the son's vibes. So don't be selfish and forget about your kid's feelings. You want to spend time with people you like right? So do your kids.
More singles advice from YourTango:
- Help! I'm Almost 40 And Still Single
- 8 Modern Dating Rules Every Single Person Should Know (And Follow!)
- The #1 Piece Of Advice All Single Ladies Need To Hear